But you’d be wrong.*
*Sort of. I did consult the almighty pins during an interim period. And I had pinned this recipe.
The inspiration came from my Relay Foods newsletter, which, although I no longer live anywhere near the distribution area, still provides me with weekly e-mails of delicious meal plans.
Including these Salmon Cakes.
(Because why not.)
Which, for the man who won’t even entertain the thought of eating Chicago style “pie” because it doesn’t resemble pizza, I guess that’s saying something (hopefully good)?
[Makes 8 cakes]
Adapted from Relay Foods
- 1 14.75-oz can pink salmon, drained, large bones and skin removed
- 2 stalked celery
- 1/4 Vidalia (or other sweet) onion
- 1/2 small green bell pepper
- 1/2 Gala apple
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. capers
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 3/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs (or substitute crushed crackers or Panko)
- Using an electric chopper (or super finely chopping yourself), chop onion, bell pepper, celery, and apple.
- Saute vegetable mixture over medium heat until soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Combine salmon, vegetable mixture, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Stir well with a fork to combine.
- Beat in egg to the mixture.
- Add bread crumbs in 1/4 cup increments until mixture can be formed into patties.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear patties on both sides.
- Transfer patties to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.