But then I just happened to enter “couscous” into the Pinterest search and, well, I just happened to be inspired.
I also happened to have an avocado, a random green onion, some wilting cilantro, and an “open garden” policy with a neighbor growing every herb imaginable, including mint MUCH prettier and tastier than mine.
Blueberry Avocado & Cucumber Couscous with Vanilla Lime Vinaigrette
(Inspired by Damn Delicious)
- 1 recipe Vanilla Lime Vinaigrette (below)
- 1 cup whole wheat Israeli pearl couscous
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup avocado, chopped (about 1 Hass avocado)
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup combination of fresh mint and cilantro, chopped
- Prepare Vanilla Lime Vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Combine blueberries, cucumber, avocado, herbs, and onion in a mixing bowl.
- Bring 1 1/4 cups salted water to a boil. Add couscous and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until liquid has cooked away and/or been absorbed.
- Add couscous to the mixing bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Garnish with more chopped mint or cilantro, if desired.
Vanilla Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp, lime juice
- lime zest (however much you like…I find it impossible to measure)
- 3 drops liquid Stevia* (or 1 Tbsp. agave)
*I use NuNaturals.
Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake or stir well.