“Above all else, have fun!”
1. No snobbery allowed.
2. If you can’t find it being made somewhere else, make it yourself!
3. Reduce, reuse, recycle.
4. Know your stores (products and prices).
5. You can find good food deals anywhere; don’t be afraid to look in unexpected places.
6. Freeze it, but don’t forget it!
7. There is nothing shameful in being healthful.
8. Don’t yuck my (or anyone else’s) yum.
9. “No excuses. No explanations.”–Julia Child
10. If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again. [And then you can give up.]
11. Plan ahead for leftover lunches (and dinners).
12. Multi-task: If the oven’s already on, you might as well use it!
13. Eat it, and enjoy it!
14. When you are cooking for an unknown crowd, keep the flavors subtle and the colors loud.
15. What happens outside of the kitchen matters too.
Special Dinner Party/Potluck Clause: Bring what you would want to eat…if there isn’t a healthy dish available, it’s your own darn fault!
The Smart Kitchen Travel Mantra: Preparation, Moderation, Investigation, Celebration!