I received free samples of the Krusteaz products mentioned in this post. I was not compensated for my time.
Nothing says “Thank You” like freshly baked muffins.
And nothing says “Happy Fall Birthday!” like a giant cake made out of pumpkin pancakes.
Luckily, I was able to “Say it with Krusteaz” AND show off their brand new packaging.
The smell of your kitchen alone is worth baking for…
…but the rave reviews and fabulous taste make these gifts of baked treats truly special.
Pumpkin Pancake Birthday Cake with Spiced Pears
- 1 box Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- cooking spray (butter or coconut oil)
- 2 cups fresh pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. pie spice
- 1 8 oz. container whipped topping
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combined fresh pears, 2 tsp. pie spice, and a few tablespoons of water (to cover the bottom of the pan). Bring to a simmer and cook until pears are soft, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, stir together pancake mix, milk, and water, in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a small skillet* over medium to high heat.
- Working one at a time, make pancakes approximately 6″ in diameter, spraying the pan well with cooking spray in between each one. [If you mess up a few, that’s OK! This recipe allows for about 3 large pancakes to be leftover for snacking….or mistakes.]
- Allow pancakes to cool.
- While pears and pancakes are cooling, stir together whipped topping and 2 Tbsp. maple syrup.
- When pancakes are cool, assemble cake: layer a pancake, topped with whipped topping, sprinkled with pears, then repeat, ending with whipped topping and pears.
- Sprinkle remaining tsp. of pie spice over the top of the cake and drizzle with remaining syrup.
*I used a 6″ skillet, so each pancake filled the pan. If you have a larger skillet, you can make more pancakes at a time, but you’ll need to try and keep them uniform size.
I was also given the chance to sample some of Krusteaz Gluten-Free mixes, and I had people in my office–where I left the Blueberry Muffins–coming up to me days later telling me how addictively delicious they were!