Broth for breakfast?
However, my obsession with Kimchi Ramen—and eating THAT for breakfast a few times–made me wonder if I couldn’t ‘noodle’ around a bit with the concept…
…and make a sweeter broth instead.
And you can pretty much try any fruit in the broth you like.
No shame in adding vegetables…roasted butternut squash rings? steamed spinach?
Or egg whites and sriracha. (Trust me.)
This concept may be strange.
You may think I’m crazy.
Breakfast Broth Bowls
(Makes about 2 1/2 cups broth, enough for 2-3 bowls)
- 2 cups assorted sliced/chopped fruit, such as apples, oranges, canned peaches, bananas
- 1-2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 cups water (or enough to cover)
- tahini, for serving
- cooked noodles or rice, for serving
- fruit or vegetables, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and continue to cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the stove (so flavors continue to infuse).
- Strain broth into a separate container.