—and THEN give away a prize pack including:
- One bag of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Rosemary Olive Oil Ciabatta Rolls
- One bag of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Plain Ciabatta Rolls
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Apron
- John Boos 18-by-12-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board
- Spectrum Organic Mediterranean Olive Oil
- Spectrum Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Oven Mitt*
*Starting November 4th, Rudi’s is also giving away 100 oven mitts on their Facebook page.
I had 96 hours.
Luckily, The Professor and I were planning a little gathering which I thought of as a celebratory fall dinner and he thought of as a football-and-meat party. Regardless, I was going to also use it as a testing ground for my recipe creation.
Although I had toyed with a different idea–and may use the plain ciabatta rolls to bring to life later—reading the November issue of Cooking Light at the gym on Saturday morning inspired an apple stuffing-stuffed roll idea….
Gluten-Free Savory Apple & Pear Twice-Baked Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 package frozen Rudi’s Gluten-Free Rosemary & Olive Oil Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup diced firm, ripe pear
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- salt + pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup (gluten-free) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small pan over medium heat, saute onion and celery in olive oil for 2-3 minutes , until fragrant and beginning to soften.
- Add apples, pears, and dried herbs to the pan, stirring well.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until apples and pears are soft but not mushy.*
- Remove rolls from the freezer and place directly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake rolls four 4 minutes and remove pan from the oven.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the tops, lengthwise, off of the rolls. Use your fingers to scoop out the inside of each roll, tearing into pieces and putting in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir together bread, vegetable broth, and apple-pear mixture. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Scoop stuffing back into the bread ‘bowls.’ Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- Bake 6 more minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve immediately (to much applause).
*You may complete all steps until this one in advance. Just don’t preheat the oven!
Want to WIN that amazing prize pack?
Just tell me your favorite Thanksgiving side dish.
Mine is actually sweet potatoes….with no marshmallows, only pecan streusel.