I guess it would have been nice of me to share that delicious, summery, made from completely local* ingredients Tomato & Cucumber Salad I flaunted in my OXO Little Salad Shaker review wouldn’t it?
*Except for the oil and vinegar. Those came from Target.
Note: As usual, I haphazardly measured ingredients, so you can adjust as necessary.
- 3 cups chopped cucumber (about 2 medium cucumbers)
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3-4 small tomatoes)*
- 1/3 cup finely slivered sweet onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of pepper
- drizzle of honey or agave (optional)
- extra fresh basil and mint, for serving
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a mason jar (with lid) or salad dressing shaker, combine remaining ingredients. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over tomato and cucumber mixture. Stir well.
- Before serving, add agave and extra herbs, if desired.