In honor of Celiac’s Disease Awareness Month, Dare Foods and Recipe Redux have teamed up for a sponsored contest featuring Breton Gluten-Free Crackers as an easy gluten-free snack or light meal for entertaining.
…but I’m going with the crackers in the crust on this one.
But I was so excited to create a savory graham-cracker style crust…
Breton Gluten-Free Cracker & Almond Crust
- 1 package (32 crackers) Breton Gluten-Free Original with Flax Crackers
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- Put crackers and almonds into a food processor bowl.
- Process until a coarse meal forms.
- Add butter and almond milk to the food processor.
- Process well.
- Press cracker mixture into a greased pie pan.
Tofu Quiche Filling
- 1 (14-oz) block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. mild dijon mustard (I like Whole Foods 365 brand.)
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari or liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill
- 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. minced roasted garlic
- salt + pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
Tofu & Tomato Quiche w. Breton Gluten-Free Cracker & Almond Crust
- 1 recipe Breton Gluten-Free Cracker & Almond Crust
- 1 recipe Tofu Quiche Filling
- 1-2 medium fresh tomatoes, sliced
- basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread just enough filling to cover bottom of crust.
- Place one layer of tomato slices on top of tofu filling.
- Cover tomato layer with remaining filling.
- Top with artfully arranged tomatoes.
- Bake quiche 30-40 minutes, until top is browned and crackling.
I received free samples of Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax and Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic from Dare Foods Incorporated mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Dare Foods Incorporated and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.