Last-Minute Peanut Flour Brownies

by Sarah on March 14, 2014 · 10 comments

This was a bit of a debacle.rs_560x415-140312115328-1024.-after-final-rose-juan-pablo-nikki-harrison

And the final rose themed Coconut French Yogurt Cake almost was too, when I remembered at the last minute that one of my guests–the baker in the group nonetheless–couldn’t eat oats.IMG_5956 (1024x682)

So what’s a girl to do?IMG_6005 (1024x683)

Obviously I had to figure out what the heck I had in my kitchen I could use to make brownies, whip together a half batch, and then cross my fingers and hope for a rose the best.IMG_6019 (1024x683)

Luckily, these were “light and silky” and “a texture I’ve never tasted in a brownie before.” which I’m choosing to believe is a good thing.IMG_6017 (1024x683)

So next time you find yourself in need of a last minute dessert, you too can make like Juan Pablo, shrug, and say,‘ ‘s OK!’IMG_6013 (1024x683)

Half-Batch Peanut Flour Brownies

• 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup peanut flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Whisk together sugar, applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add cocoa powder, peanut flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring until combined.
  4. Pour batter into a greased ramekins, cupcake tins, or small baking dish.
  5. Bake 30-40 minutes (or less, depending on baking vessel).

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables March 14, 2014 at 7:21 am

Oh yum!! This looks like a good use of peanut flour! I’m bookmarking these for sure :)

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! March 14, 2014 at 7:46 am

I WANT.

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert March 14, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Chocolate and peanuts go great together so peanut flour must be brilliant! All that studying must be working :) Hope you are well!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living March 14, 2014 at 4:46 pm

These brownies look like chocolate heaven! Using applesauce is a great idea too, does it change the texture?

Sarah March 16, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I’m not sure what made the texture so unique, but it could have been a combination of the applesauce, egg, and peanut flour. They definitely weren’t as fudge-like as when butter is used, but they weren’t exactly cake-like either!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living March 17, 2014 at 9:09 am

Yes, I tried it over the weekend, and it is amazing! I’m using applesauce in my brownies from now on. Thanks again!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets March 15, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I’m sure the comment was a good thing. I’d of eaten them. :)

Lauren @ Me and the Mountains March 18, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Ugh.. Juan Pablo. “Ees Okay!”
Your brownies look LOVELY though- they pretty much make up for the sh*t show that was The Bachelor. ;)

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli March 27, 2014 at 4:55 am

Omg, these…yes, these have GOT to happen as soon as I get my a$$ in gear and finally submit my iherb order! And for the record, I don’t watch The Bachelor, but I’ve seen enough of that Juan dude to want to ” ‘s ok” him in the FACE! #dbag