Banana Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

by Sarah on March 5, 2014 · 10 comments

On Monday I mentioned that the banana ‘flour’ cookie experiment was really just a chance for me to think outside of the (giant 14-lb) box of dried banana chips I happen to have overstocked from my Nutty Butter days.IMG_3105 (1024x683)

But in my nut butter loving mouth mind there’s nothing wrong with thinking out of the box…and straight into the food processor.IMG_5109 (683x1024)

I’ve tasted a bunch of banana flavored nut butters, and they all have the slight tinge of fake banana candy flavor to them.IMG_5144 (1024x684)

The solution?

Use real (dried) bananas.IMG_5125 (1024x683)

And while you can use regular peanuts…I’m really quite partial to honey roasted.IMG_5128 (1024x683)

Put ‘em in. Turn it on.

Leave it for a minute (or five) and you’re done.IMG_5145 (1024x683)

Cinnamon is optional.IMG_5131 (1024x683)

Excessive drippy, dippy (nutty) photography is not.IMG_5157 (1024x683)

Banana Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

10-12 oz. honey roasted peanuts*
3 1/4 cups dried banana chips
pinch of salt
cinnamon (optional)

*Look for ones with only honey/sugar and oil added.

1. Combine peanuts and banana chips in a food processor.
  2. Process until smooth, scraping the sides if necessary.
  3. Add salt and cinnamon (if desired).

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert March 5, 2014 at 7:30 am

Good morning sunshine! This is a wonderful recipe – and can’t wait to try it. Love the honey roasted peanuts – brilliant! Must be all those big girl classes :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables March 5, 2014 at 7:32 am

YUM! I want my nut butter to look like yours!

Emily March 5, 2014 at 8:58 am

A batch of that would not last very long around my house. Hello, peanut butter and banana sammies!!!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 5, 2014 at 8:02 pm

OHMYGOSH!!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets March 5, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I love this. In fact, I think it’s a great candidate for #publicbanana.

Calee March 6, 2014 at 1:17 pm

omg i think this might be calee butter? that so can’t be anymore bc no nuts or bananas. ummmm… it was so good!

Sarah March 6, 2014 at 1:20 pm

It’s ALMOST Calee Butter. Yours was a bit more complicated, but I can’t give away ALL of my secrets. [This version is the "being back in school makes me lazy and I can't afford fancy nuts" version. ;) ]

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli March 7, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Honey roasted peanuts are seriously my kryptonite! I haven’t had them in the house for years…now that I’m FINALLY more normal around food, I think it’s high time I picked some up…and obviously this nut butter will be happening soon after I get back from the store! :)

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life April 17, 2014 at 9:39 am