When you’ve got a 14-lb. box of unsweetened banana chips taking up precious space in your (second) pantry–and don’t particularly like to eat them on their own–
Although continuing to make Caramelized Banana Wal-Nutty Butter or Banana Honey Roasted Peanut Butter (will continue to be) a very obvious option–
Inspired by Michelle, and her yes-I’m-still-thinking-about-them Chewy Chocolate Meringue Cookies for this year’s Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, I created this recipe using a bunch of (dried) bananas and a WHOLE lot of dark chocolate.
And they have yellow freckles.
Which is fun.
Banana ‘Flour’ Dark Chocolate Cookies
[Makes 16 cookies]
- 2 cups unsweetened banana chips
- 1 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1-2 Tbsp. brewed coffee or water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Process banana chips in a food processor until a coarse meal forms.
- Combine banana meal, dark chocolate, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites, vanilla, and coffee (or water).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients; stir well.
- Scoop dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.