Sweet Pea + Sun Dried Tomato Yogurt Dip

by Sarah on February 3, 2014 · 9 comments

Sometimes I wish I were the person who brings the piping hot buffalo chicken dip or the creamy, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip to the Super Bowl Party.IMG_3638 (1024x683)

Always well-received, with no hands held in hesitation over top, or curious questions about just what is in that bowl or dish.IMG_3644 (1024x682)

But really, deep down, sometimes I do enjoy being the “I would NEVER have thought of that combination” queen.IMG_3562 (1024x682)

Plus, if everyone is sort of scared to try it…IMG_3580 (1024x681)

…there’s more for me to bring home. :) IMG_3594 (1024x684)

[Editor's note: I spoke too soon. I actually didn't bring any home! Apparently the folks I pal around with here at Alabama aren't scared off by the slightly 'different' and even, yes, say "This is really good!" when your back is turned.]IMG_3627 (1024x678)

Sweet Pea + Sun Dried Tomato Yogurt Dip

• 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
  • 1 cup dry-packed sun dried tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. minced roasted garlic
  • salt + pepper
  1. Put sun dried tomatoes in a medium sized bowl. Add boiling water to cover.
  2. Once tomatoes have rehydrated (5-10 minutes), combine peas, tomatoes, lemon juice, and garlic–along with 3 Tbsp. soaking liquid–in a food processor.
  3. Process until well chopped and mixed.
  4. Add yogurt. Process  until smooth.
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 3, 2014 at 8:16 am

You wouldn’t NEVER want to be that boring person! Invite me and I’ll make sure you have nothing to take home. Bwhahaha!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living February 3, 2014 at 11:59 am

This sweet pea & sun dried tomato yogurt dip looks really good! Would you also recommend using Greek yogurt– or does it make a difference?

Sarah February 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

I used regular Dannon low-fat (1.5%) yogurt. Greek yogurt would work, too, but the dip might just end up thicker!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living February 6, 2014 at 9:10 am

Great, thanks, Sarah!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy February 3, 2014 at 8:02 pm

This looks good!

I went the different route this year…and I ended up bringing nearly the whole pan home :( . I made a Greek bean dip with hummus, feta cheese, cucumbers, kalamata olives, tomatoes and red onions. I thought it was a fun twist on the traditional bean dip, but I guess others were scared to try it!

Autism United February 4, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Did you end up with leftovers or was your dip a hit?

Sarah February 5, 2014 at 9:54 am

Shockingly it was a hit!:)

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 5, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I don’t even like peas and I find myself drawn to this.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli February 8, 2014 at 9:34 am

Haha! You know you could never do “normal”! And that is one of the MANY reasons why I love you so much! xoxo