Sweet Pea + Sun Dried Tomato Yogurt Dip

by Sarah on February 3, 2014 · 9 comments

Sometimes I wish I were the person who brings the piping hot buffalo chicken dip or the creamy, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip to the Super Bowl Party.IMG_3638 (1024x683)

Always well-received, with no hands held in hesitation over top, or curious questions about just what is in that bowl or dish.IMG_3644 (1024x682)

But really, deep down, sometimes I do enjoy being the “I would NEVER have thought of that combination” queen.IMG_3562 (1024x682)

Plus, if everyone is sort of scared to try it…IMG_3580 (1024x681)

…there’s more for me to bring home. :)IMG_3594 (1024x684)

[Editor’s note: I spoke too soon. I actually didn’t bring any home! Apparently the folks I pal around with here at Alabama aren’t scared off by the slightly ‘different’ and even, yes, say “This is really good!” when your back is turned.]IMG_3627 (1024x678)

Sweet Pea + Sun Dried Tomato Yogurt Dip

• 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
  • 1 cup dry-packed sun dried tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. minced roasted garlic
  • salt + pepper
  1. Put sun dried tomatoes in a medium sized bowl. Add boiling water to cover.
  2. Once tomatoes have rehydrated (5-10 minutes), combine peas, tomatoes, lemon juice, and garlic–along with 3 Tbsp. soaking liquid–in a food processor.
  3. Process until well chopped and mixed.
  4. Add yogurt. Process  until smooth.
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someonePin on Pinterest

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 3, 2014 at 8:16 am

You wouldn’t NEVER want to be that boring person! Invite me and I’ll make sure you have nothing to take home. Bwhahaha!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living February 3, 2014 at 11:59 am

This sweet pea & sun dried tomato yogurt dip looks really good! Would you also recommend using Greek yogurt– or does it make a difference?

Sarah February 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

I used regular Dannon low-fat (1.5%) yogurt. Greek yogurt would work, too, but the dip might just end up thicker!

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living February 6, 2014 at 9:10 am

Great, thanks, Sarah!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy February 3, 2014 at 8:02 pm

This looks good!

I went the different route this year…and I ended up bringing nearly the whole pan home :(. I made a Greek bean dip with hummus, feta cheese, cucumbers, kalamata olives, tomatoes and red onions. I thought it was a fun twist on the traditional bean dip, but I guess others were scared to try it!

Autism United February 4, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Did you end up with leftovers or was your dip a hit?

Sarah February 5, 2014 at 9:54 am

Shockingly it was a hit!:)

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 5, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I don’t even like peas and I find myself drawn to this.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli February 8, 2014 at 9:34 am

Haha! You know you could never do “normal”! And that is one of the MANY reasons why I love you so much! xoxo