By my (highly intensive) calculations, you have three options when it comes to the incredibly indulgent in-shell pistachio pairing I revealed to y’all on Saturday:
1. Maintain the simplicity of the original endeavor and consume cubes of crystallized ginger, slabs of dark chocolate, nibbles of dried cherries, and (snap) crack
le and pops of pistachios as they are.
2. Combine the phenomenal flavors of sweet cherry and spicy ginger into a rich, dark drinking chocolate to be enjoyed either hot or cold–I can confirm deliciousness at both temperatures–alongside those pistachios.
Ginger + Cherry Drinking Chocolate
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup (Cheribundi) cherry juice
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
sweetener of choice
- Heat almond milk over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Once everything has dissolved, allow to simmer until thickened a bit.