Tikki Tikki…Taco? [WIAW]

by Sarah on January 15, 2014 · 9 comments

Maybe it was the time I insisted Stepmama Smart should never order anything Mexican from a midwestern bar and grille…and then proceeded to thoroughly enjoy my shrimp tacos.*shrimptacoMG

*Which I actually didn’t photograph, having left my phone at home (!) but found a similar photo on the Milwaukee Grill website to appease y’all.homepage-box1_seasonfeatures

Or maybe it was the bloody marys insanely delicious blackened mahi mahi tacos I ate for my first meal in Key WestIMG_20131229_141533

Maybe it’s because whenever the Professor and I don’t know what to have for dinner, we inevitably end up eating fish tacos? [Thank you, Austin, Texas!]

IMG_20131116_190523

Or perhaps it is the influence of my never-before-Tuscaloosa adoration for all things Chipotle? (With a side of The Holiday, por favor.)IMG_20131219_212452

Whatever it is, I have been very wrapped up in tacos* lately.

*See what I did there?WIAWtacos

Although, to be fair, Jenn, unless you count the slightly festive plate I served these salmon, spinach, and potato tacos on–not that you can see it, of courseIMG_1669 (1024x683)

…there’s nothing Mexican about any of the (quote-unquote) “tacos” I’ve been eating at home.IMG_1444 (1024x683)

But a soft tortilla by any other name is just a (deconstructed) wrap, right?tikkitkkiTACO

For those of you who aren’t former elementary school teachers and/or parents of small children, you may not understand the chant that is about to occur. But for those of you who DO know Tikki Tikki Tembo (not to be confused with Rikki Tikki Tavi)…enjoy. :)

Tikki Tikki Tembo Tofu TACOIMG_1059 (1024x683)

No Sa Rembo Son MexicanosIMG_1062 (1024x683)

Chari Bari Ruchi Choppy Broccy EggyIMG_1127 (1024x683)

Pip Peri Pembo Salmon-very Yum-o!IMG_1665 (1024x683)

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables January 15, 2014 at 7:42 am

Your creativity is endless Sarah, and I love it :) I’m a huge fan of mexican food, so pass me a potato taco or a veggie burrito!

sara @ fitcupcaker January 15, 2014 at 8:20 am

wow, that looks incredible, and I dont say “incredible” that much!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 15, 2014 at 10:10 am

I have never had tofu in a taco, but I am loving the sound of that! Once of my favorite things to use for tacos are roasted chickpeas. They are fantastic!

Heather @ Better With Veggies January 15, 2014 at 11:52 am

Tacos are awesome!! So many options, so little time. :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 15, 2014 at 2:32 pm

OMG!!! That was one of my favorite books! Mom dressed up in a kimono and came to my school to read ti to the class. She didn’t bring acos though. Lame.

Jen@Twenty-Something&Starving January 16, 2014 at 4:37 pm

O.M.G. Absolutely LOVED that book back in the day. Also love tacos. Love this post. You rock!

two-foodie-chicas January 17, 2014 at 9:45 pm

this is AWESOME!
I absolutely love your blog :’)
would you mind checking our blog out? I swear I don’t mean to do this as spam, we’re just a blog starting out recently and it’d be awesome to get response from an experienced blogger. I would love any tips or tricks you have for us! Thanks so much in advance :)

<3, two-foodie-chicas.weebly.com

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 20, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I remember that book, and I don’t even have youngings nor did I teach them. It was a good one.

I’ve been attributing your new love of booze to Laura, and while she may be responsible, I’m starting to think she’s not the sole contributor. While it would be inappropriate for me to comment on your relationship status, I think there is another bringing a smile to your face.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli January 22, 2014 at 5:37 am

I’ve actually never heard of that book! And I have to confess that I did actually think of Rikki Tikki Tavi when I first saw this post! Ha! Looks like you and I have BOTH been enjoying our tortilla love affairs! Lol