Now that we’ve taken care of Santa, we should probably make sure the reindeer get fed, too.
In the theme of everything tastes better when covered in chocolate, this is a fairly healthy snack with a nice, sweet twist.
This is perfectly customizable, but I would highly recommend NOT skipping the roasted edamame. They turned out to be my favorite part, despite my, “What the he&* are you doing, Sarah?” thought when I threw them in.
Reindeer Millet Munch
- 2 1/2 cups puffed millet
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted edamame
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 12 oz. package white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- Carefully melt white chocolate in the microwave–it burns quickly!–and pour over snack mixture.
- Stir everything well to coat thoroughly.
- If desired, melt dark chocolate and repeat process.
- Allow to cool and harden in the fridge before serving to the reindeer.