Despite my accidental Yuletide-themed breakfast last week, it irks me to no end when “holiday festivity”* (with the exception of holiday coffee and Christmas music) occurs before we’ve even reached Halloween.
*Let’s be real; in our culture that’s really just PC for Christmas.
And although I love my rain boots, I’d be perfectly content to never (ever) encounter snow.
Well for that–for that–I will make an exception.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Snowflakes
8 cups cornflakes
1 12-oz. package white chocolate morsels
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup grated coconut
3 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cornflakes into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large zip-top bag, combine coconut and powdered sugar.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave by cooking for 60 seconds, then 10 second intervals, stirring in between. [Be very careful as white chocolate burns VERY easily.]
- Stir peanut butter into white chocolate and pour over cereal.
- Mix cereal and melted chocolate slowly but thoroughly, until cornflakes are evenly coated.
- Scoop cereal into bag containing powdered sugar.
- Seal bag and shake, shake, shake!