Here Comes The Sun(shine Award)

by Sarah on October 9, 2013 · 10 comments

Does anyone else automatically think of pre-debacle [slash] downward spiral Lindsay Lohan and the fabulous remake of The Parent Trap when you hear this post’s titular song?

My dear friend Brittany nominated me for a Sunshine Award, and of course, y’all know I relish any excuse to talk about myself. [Aren't all bloggers narcissists..just a little bit?]NewImage1

There are some rules and whatnot, but I don’t do well following recipes rules. I will, however, do my best to answer the questions Brittany asked me. :)

——————————–

1.What is your favorite thing about fall?

Persimmons?IMG_4849 (1024x683)

School supplies?

(Yes, I would like a bouquet of sharpened pencils. Thank you.)IMG_5164 (683x1024)

Thanksgiving!

IMG_4896 (1024x683)

Hey, I wrote a post on this…with a killer Baked Bean Chili recipe. :) IMG_2456 (1024x682)

2. What is your favorite animal?

Baby goats.IMG_4345 (1024x683)

Miniature goats count as well.IMG_5658 (1024x682)

3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I think the first job I remember wanting to have was a teacher, but in middle school I became obsessed with being a film director–ideally the first female winner of a Best Director Oscar. In my heart of hearts, I STILL want to be a Broadway star.

(I obviously perfected my teacher look and ability to stare down paparazzi at a very young age.)IMG_4987 (681x1024)

4. Sweet or Savory?

Both. Preferably at the same time.IMG_5325 (1024x694)

Eggs and squash and greens and apricot ginger cashew cream and cranberry almond granola…IMG_5339 (1024x683)

Sugar and spice and EVERYTHING nice.

[Which I guess means salt and butter?]

5. Favorite kind of music?

Boys with guitars (or the occasional piano, banjo, or fiddle); pretty much any of the ‘new country‘ played on The Highway via Sirius XM; Motown and beach music from the 60s; bubblegum pop between the years of 1999 and 2007; and anything from a musical by Rodgers & Hammerstein.StateFairCD

6. Who is one person past or present that you would like to meet?

Adam Richman.adam richman

Because I’m really about ready to throw a giant party in my honor plan a wedding.

(Was I supposed to say something more insightful there?)

7. Favorite TV show?

I am not ashamed to say I love television, and that—much like with movies–I would have to begin to categorize this question.

For example, my favorite reality TV show that holds some legitimacy is Top Chef, as opposed to my favorite reality TV show that I should be embarrassed to love (but am not) is The Bachelor(ette).

tvshows

Favorite mainstream drama? Nashville. Favorite cable drama? White Collar.

Favorite tween-oriented comedy I adore? Hart of Dixie.

Favorite sitcoms? Modern Family and The Mindy Project.

Show I actually watch the most? House Hunters.

etc. etc.

8. Favorite color?

Green.

My phone is green, my (current) clutch is green, my school tote  is green, the lunchbag I keep my camera in is green…IMG_5193 (1024x683)

…at one point in high school my best friend, Liz, told me she was putting a ban on me buying any more green clothing because it was the only color I wore.

9. What is your dream vacation?

Everywhere.

10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I don’t think I’ve been there yet.

[But Austin, Texas came pretty darn close...]

Danica @ It's Progression October 9, 2013 at 8:30 am

I most certainly thought of the song from the Parent Trap movie when I read this title!

Carla October 9, 2013 at 9:18 am

Oh yeah – definitely parent trap.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist October 9, 2013 at 11:37 am

OMG WOMAN!!! Wanna hear something hilarious?! My family (everyone!) calls Adam my boyfriend!! My mom calls and says “I saw your boyfriend eating pancakes on TV today” or she’ll ask if I want to try a restaurant my boyfriend ate at! Haha. I am totally obsessed with him. My friends used to text me pictures of him randomly. Love!!!
And I LOVE the bouquet of sharpened pencils reference!!!

Ang @ Nutty for Life October 9, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I’ve come to love The Mindy Project. She’s such a funny lady. I can totally believe you wanted/want to be a Broadway star! I actually did for a time, too. Now I am content with just watching musicals, plays, etc. When I was little I wanted to be a meteorologist. What a laugh that would be nowadays for me!

Maria October 9, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Hi friend.

We could totally spend days watching TV together. Hart of Dixie just brings me so much joy. So much joy.

I laughed out at at your favorite vacation spot. Mine too. Mine too.

Cannot wait to do this tonight on my blog!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate October 9, 2013 at 10:01 pm

You know I share the persimmon love. I bought my first one last weekend and the girl working the stand asked me if I would be able to make it home with it safely because it was so ripe. ;-)

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert October 10, 2013 at 8:20 am

My favorite picture in this whole post? Little Sarah of course!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 10, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Rodgers & Hammerstein…best production of Cinderella EVER!!

Oh poor little Lindsay Lo…those Parent Trap days were definitely good ones…and to blame for my addiction of Oreos dipped in peanut butter! ;)

Love that throwback picture of you! I just wanna pinch those cute little cheeks!

And I’m TOTALLY drooling over that sweet and salty bowl! Omg!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 13, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I love you!!!! :) You are a ray of sunshine! I think your dream place to live should be closer to me. ;) I’m with you on the love of green. However, I’ve never had a persimmon… can you believe that??

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 13, 2013 at 8:06 pm

You totally just reminded me to DVR Top Chef. I owe you one. How about we say I owe you two and you make me a big bowl of that egg/squash deliciousness you displayed.