So, I’m not really into the whole “hiding healthy foods in dessert just to make yourself feel better about eating something you shouldn’t feel bad about eating anyway” thing.*
Not that I followed her recipe.* Not really.
‘Almond Joy’ Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beans,rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used a stevia baking blend from NuNaturals.)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed
- 1-2 Tbsp. flaked coconut
- 1-2 Tbsp. sliced, slivered, or chopped almonds
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. butter extract
- 1-2 tsp. brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except flaked coconut and almonds in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, adding no more than a tablespoon of water to help everything blend (if necessary).
- Add coconut and almonds. Process or pulse just until incorporated evenly.
- Spoon and spread mixture into a small baking pan.
- Bake 20-45 minutes, depending on size of pan/thickness of brownies.