Why I’m Not Reading Your Blog

by Sarah on July 11, 2013 · 19 comments

It’s not you. It’s me.

I’m pretty sure the day I really stopped reading was the day I packed up the last of my classroom [slash]office and locked the door on my elementary school teaching career.

yes, i took the stapler.

But it started to wane before then, I know.

It’s just…well…how do I say this?

I’ve had better different other things to do.

Like moving. House-sitting. Being semi-homeless.

but always with a well-stocked kitchen.

Road-tripping and traveling.

with snacks. obviously.

Wisconsin, not just once, but twice.

Reading.

Books.

And more books.

(Mostly.)

Messing around in the kitchen.

literally.

Sometimes successfully.

Sometimes not (quite).

candied basil + mint WILL happen. with less egg wash.

Taking seemingly every class at the gym.

In between Best Body Boot Camp circuits.

And perfecting my cornhole game.

Farmers markets.

Cook-outs.

Lunch with mentors.

Dinners with friends.

Wine-tasting.

Gelato.

Fro-yo.

Suits: Season Two.

Lots and lots of coffee.

[And  I do mean lots.]

Taking up residence--in fact–at the local coffee shop.

Remember that whole PhD thing?

(gratuitous promotion of stephen kellogg's solo album)

Studying.

Writing.

Stopping to smell the flowers.

(Or at least take pictures of them.)

Eating peaches.

And berries.

And melon.

Just.

I don’t know.

Living.

we may be smart, but we can't keep our eyes open.

So, although I am still writing,  I might not be reading your blog.

And that means you probably will stop reading mine.

But it’s cool.

I’ll forgive you.

Like I’m sure you forgive me.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table July 11, 2013 at 3:35 am

I am deeply offended.

Not really. I’m more jealous if your summer vacation and the whole PhD thing. Live the dream, my friend!

Aly@ReturnToYourRoot July 11, 2013 at 4:47 am

That’s precisely how I feel whenever I spend too much time on the internet than in presence of actual people. I’ve taken substantial breaks for that reason and it’s just healthier that way- I don’t blame you! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 11, 2013 at 5:55 am

Hey good for you. I would be doing the same thing, if it wasn’t for the fact that I’m at home full time with a baby! ;)

lindsay July 11, 2013 at 6:58 am

enjoy the UNDOING.. you don’t ever have to read mine. i love ya!

Brittany (healthy slice) July 11, 2013 at 7:07 am

Haha cute! I’m still reading! Just not commenting much. I blame reading mostly on my phone.

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables July 11, 2013 at 7:49 am

Sounds like you’re getting a much needed break! :)

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist July 11, 2013 at 8:08 am

I don’t blame you at all! I went out of town for a week and a half, and when I got back and looked at the hundreds of posts unread in my bloglovin…I just clicked “mark as read” (after reading a select handful) and felt a rush of relief.
Suggestion? Please do a quick book recommendation post based on all those reads you got to during traveling! I always need a good girly book :)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile July 11, 2013 at 8:28 am

Living is soo much more important than sitting around and reading blogs! You have to do YOU! :) Good for you, girl <3

Danica @ It's Progression July 11, 2013 at 8:36 am

LIVING is always so much more important – it’s probably something we all need to do more of!!

Calee July 11, 2013 at 8:45 am

Living is so much more important. I need to copy and paste onto my blog. ;) Love you!!

PS I read almost 3 whole books on my vacation last week. THREE!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers July 11, 2013 at 8:51 am

We forgive you! :) Sounds like you’ve been up to lots-o fun stuff.

Emily July 11, 2013 at 9:34 am

If you write, I’ll read. And if not, I totally understand. Life is meant to be lived, lady!!!!

Heather @ Better With Veggies July 11, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I am not nearly as regular as I used to be and went about 6 weeks without reading much at all. And that’s okay. I’ll still read your blog anyway, because I like you. :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 11, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I’ve been commenting much less and just enjoying reading . . . when I can. And that’s been the key for me. I needed to not feel like I had to keep up with every single post . . . I needed to be able to walk away from the computer for awhile and not worry about it. It’s been fabulous!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm

This is TOO funny. Trust me, we all understand! You have to keep your own sanity in mind!

And I just read that new Sophie Kinsella book! I really like her books. There is nothing better than some good chic lit ;) .

Elle@thewaybyelle.blogspot.com July 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Life happens! Don’t feel bad about it! I just got back from an 8 month hiatus from my blog, neither writing nor reading any other blogs. :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 15, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Love this… love you… love suits. I knew we were meant to be friends. I owe you an email. xoxo

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 21, 2013 at 1:01 pm

What you said.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 31, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I love you. And no matter how much I have to do or how less I sit down to read blogs, I will always (eventually…as in almost a month later?) read your blog and continue to be jealous of your adventures both in and OUT of the kitchen! xoxo