One Word Wednesday: Wisconsin

by Sarah on June 5, 2013 · 12 comments

–One Word Wednesday? How the heck are YOU going to write only one word, Miss Verbose Smart? In fact, I’m pretty sure you’ve already typed more than one word already, even if you WILL try to justify it by saying it is your imaginary readership ‘speaking’ and not you—

Fine. So I might need footnotes or captions. But I’m going to TRY to play along with something that I have seen my friend Heather do on numerous occasions. She credits this to Lindsay, but I don’t know where it began. (Although it probably was just someone obsessed with alliteration who couldn’t handle Wordless Wednesday but WAS able to limit themselves just slightly.*)

*Unlike me?

———————

Flirting

gets you extra snacks and biscoff from the farmboy next to you on the plane

Smuggling

hotel breakfast bar goodies

Oat…

oats mixed w. strawberry yogurt topped w. berries, mango, muesli

…Meal

oats in a mug w. peaches, berries, JIF, sugar plum jam

Carbonation

the midwest's best

Dairyland

...........

Twinkle-Cote

mix of butterfinger, peanuts, sprinkles...and who knows what?

PB+CB

peanut butter + cheese bread

Scallops!

grill marks :)

Ceviche!

best thing ever

Bulk

i find bulk bins everywhere i go.

Muesli

raspberry muesli with rice krispies in it. must be recreated.

Kombucha

made in wisconsin

Seasonal

whatever oat straw is, it is delicious

Grandpa

Tribute

Photographer

Breathtaking

Ancestors

Peace

Celebration

Wisconsin

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert June 5, 2013 at 7:28 pm

That was quite a word! Love the tribute to your grandpa :) Lovely photos – can we see more?

Anne @ CandyCrazedrun.wordpress.com June 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Yes, Yes, Yes! Thank you for featuring the glory and deliciousness that is Sun Drop haha!

Sarah June 6, 2013 at 7:58 am

Before we could get it on the east coast, Papa Smart used to say he was driving out to Wisconsin to ‘save money,’ but I’m pretty sure it was partially so he could bring back SunDrop to Pennsylvania. :)

Fran@BCDC June 6, 2013 at 7:19 am

What a nice tribute to your Grandpop…having his photos displayed like that. It’s great.

Liz @ iheartvegetables June 6, 2013 at 7:45 am

HAH you crack me up, Sarah! I love this. This is probably as wordless as you get ;)

I still need to try Muesli!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 6, 2013 at 8:07 am

Your wordy wordlessness is awesome. So is that ice cream thing. Want.

Anne Weber-Falk June 6, 2013 at 11:47 am

What a nice post. Oh, and Twinkle Cote is my VERY favorite way to have ice cream.

lindsay June 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm

what a great tribute friend. few words but all good things. good food, memories, flavors, and YOU

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist June 6, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Beautiful.

And bc I have to add extra words too…as soon as someone comments saying “I KNOW WHATS IN THAT ICE CREAM COATING” you have to text it to me!!! Please!!!

Cait's Plate June 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I loved this post! It’s hard for me not to be wordy too but I have to say, you did a lovely job.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 7, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Twinkle coating is the absolute best!! I always get it when I go to my favorite ice cream place back home. I always feel like a kid when I get it ;) .

Alex @ Alex Tries it Out June 7, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I’ve never gotten into the Sun Drop thing, but I know when you get it, you GET it. Got it?

Haha.

Anyway, looks like you had fun!