And when the theme of your cooking class at Whole Foods is Blueberries: Around the World—
Adapting my own “Salsa-tific” Method, I created a spicy sweet, fresh and delicious, beautiful blueberry creation…
...all of which disappeared with a bag of pita chips* before I’d made it to the end of my trip around the world Wednesday evening.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Juice from 2 limes, separated (about 1/3 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1 medium jalapeno
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup jicama, finely chopped
- 1 cup avocado, chopped (1/2 medium avocado)
- Mince and mash half of the blueberries on a cutting board with a large knife.
- Combine blueberry mash with remaining whole berries in a mixing bowl.
- Add cilantro, onion, half of the lime juice, jalapeno, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Just before serving, add jicama, avocado, and remaining lime juice.
- Mix well, but not so much that everything turns pink.
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
Now, maybe it was the fact that I finally learned—and performed, with the crowds encouragement–the masterful art of
throwing a knife in the direction of your hand at great risk to life and limb hitting the pit with a knife for removal…
…but I woke up at 5:45 on Thursday morning with only one thought in my mind*: Blueberry Guacamole.
*Aside from making a frittata. Simultaneously. Because these are the things I do.
And so I followed the ‘Guaca-quation,’ and made that (woke me up from a) dream a reality.*
*Yes. Before 7 A.M. [I showered first.]