Confessions. Currently.

by Sarah on May 7, 2013 · 20 comments

I was on a role there with my Sunday Confessions. So much so that people started to [gasp!] look forward to them. (Well, at least one person.)

But here’s a confession ABOUT Sundays: sometimes I just want to drink an excessive amount of coffee, cook up my Meatless Monday A-Z recipe or prep for that week’s cooking class, go to yoga, and then wallow in the self-pity that comes from having to go back to work on Monday while catching up on Hart of Dixie and Glee on Hulu. And not blog.

So I half-heartedly started this post on Sunday as a combined confessional and ‘let’s pretend we’re in middle school sending chain letter survey e-mails through our AOL accounts’ activity. And now I’m finishing it. :)

Currently: May

Subtitle: MAY I Take the Liberty of Changing All of the Categories So They Actually Include the Word ‘Currently Instead of Just ‘Current’?

———————————

Currently Reading:

These are the books I have currently checked out of the library. 80% of them I requested that the library purchase for me in some sort of strange power-hungry “I don’t need no Kindle” spree of excitement.

I have completed two of them [Frances & Bernard--which I recommend if you studied English and/or religion in college--and Beautiful Ruins--if you like a good back-to-the-future story, old Hollywood, and occasionally snarky jabs at the movie industry] and have just been immediately drawn in to Where’d You Go, Bernadette?

Currently Listening To:

Whatever they are singing on Glee. After a two year hiatus, I have watched the entirety of Season Three on Amazon Prime, and am now using my Hulu Plus account to work through Season Four. [And I've also corrupted my "I've never watched this much TV before" roommate.]

source: fox.com

I AM looking forward to the arrival of the new Lady Antebellum CD on Tuesday. :)

Currently Feeling (Not) Guilty for Deriving Too Much PleasureIn:

source: amazon.com

The original. The best. The reason I spend so much time on the elliptical.

[Since I don't have cable, I am forced to improve my body while degrading my mind.]

Currently Drinking:

Carbonation cravings have been running rampant in my stomach, and when I don’t have kombucha to tackle the need for fizz, I love a La Croix. Especially the grapefruit kind. Mostly because I like the word pamplemousse.

Currently Eating:

I don’t think we should talk about the rate at which I have been consuming watermelon.

And pineapple.

Currently Watching:

I finally saw Silver Linings Playbook. I really enjoyed it. [I sat through the whole thing without breaks. Which is saying something.]

source: imdb.com

However, I did like the book a whole lot better because I think the way Pat as a character–and the view of his mental illness–is approached in a much more empathetic and interesting way. I also think we miss something in the movie without the exploration of the characters’ relationship dynamics.

As far as TV goes, as I mentioned above, I’ve been watching lots of Glee. In between new episodes of Nashville and Smash.

source: nbc.com

Whoever created the genre of ‘musical television’ clearly had this ‘I wish I were on Broadway’ girl in mind.

Currently Wishing For:

Summer vacation.

Currently Needing:

Summer vacation.

Currently Triumphant About:

The creation of Cinnamon Roll Nutty Butter.

Although I kind of want to call it Cinnamon Bun. Buns and nuts. Heehee.

The Gooey Brownie still needs work.

Not that I haven’t been enjoying the testing process.

Currently Crushing On:

Um…Aladdin?

Currently Indulging In:

Butter Boy Bread.

I know bread isn’t really an indulgence, per se, but when you find yourself going to the City Market on Saturday mornings with the sole intention of buying his English muffins, and later that evening cause numerous outcries of communal excitement at a potluck dinner after mentioning the herb muffin samples you had that morning….

Well, let’s just say it’s roll-your-eyes-back-in-your-head good.

Currently Feeling Blessed Because:

Despite fear, anxiety, and uncertainties that I often do well in hiding (except from Mama Smart ;) ), I have been reminded lately that I am blessed and lucky to have so much love and support from people in places both unexpected and unconditionally constant in all aspects of my life.

*No. I haven’t finally been asked out on a date or been gifted a child through immaculate conception. Put those thoughts away.

Currently Wearing:

Slippers. Fuzzy socks. Green American Eagle sweatpants. Harvard T-shirt I stole from a camper a few years ago…when I was her counselor. Long-sleeved ski waffle-knit shirt I always get compliments on but only ever wear around the house.

Earlier I was wearing this:

my attempts at discreetly sneaking bites of oreo rocky road chocolate fudge icing treats in the teachers lounge were foiled by my drapy scarf

And then this:

i love side ponytails and i don't care.

Currently Excited About:

BLEND 2013 in less than two weeks! I can’t wait to see all of my more-than-blends again and make new friends-through blogging.

Current Link I’m Loving:

I have watched this video of “I Heard Your Voice in a Dream” from Smash at least 20 times in a row. [And that was after watching it that many times on Hulu.]I got chills the first time I saw it. Seriously.

source: songspub.com

Currently Feeling:

Like this is the longest post EVER and that now I’m worn out and don’t know if I will be able to summon the energy for a What I Ate Wednesday post tomorrow evening. Which is not  a Wednesday. Just saying.

Maria May 7, 2013 at 1:10 am

There is so much I love this post. First, Joseph-Gordon Levitt has been my celebrity crush since I saw him in Independence Day and I crushed even harder after (500) Days of Summer, which is one of the cutest movies ever. I just love myself an awkward geeky boy.

I really need to meet Mama Smart one of these days. I kind of feel like I know her.

Lady A.

That is all.

Jane | Not Plain So Jane May 7, 2013 at 1:18 am

What are these magical english muffins?? Real Housewives of OC. It is the best season, hands down. Bravo is pretty much the best channel.

Miss Polkadot May 7, 2013 at 7:28 am

Did you read my mind? I’d wondered whether Beautiful Ruins was worth the purchase – yes, I will actually have to purchase it myself not being a lucky duck like you ;) – after stumbling upon it on Amazon.
Silver Linings Playbook is so good and I’m proud of you making it through the whole movie in one sitting :) .
Aaaah, spill the beans already! Why is everybody talking about secrets they won’t be able to give away for quite some more time lately? As for yours am I right suspecting it might be related to Nutty Butter???
Okay, this is hard to say because I enjoy your posts way too much but: if you’re not feeling like blogging every day don’t make yourself. As long as you promise not to stop completely I’ll (likely) forgive you.

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! May 7, 2013 at 7:56 am

I LOVED BEAUTIFUL RUINS! One of my favorite books of the year (well, last year!) for sure! :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 7, 2013 at 8:48 am

I’m all over pineapple lately! Especially sauteed. I need to make a sauce and put it on a greek yogurt bowl. With chocolate. Speaking of…

When you perfect the brownie batter Nuty butter, send me a case. :)

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 7, 2013 at 9:32 am

Ah I’m currently working on Salt Sugar Fat! :) And I’m SO excited for Lady A’s new album.

That cinnamon roll nutty butter looks like HEAVEN. Send some to me! ;)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance May 7, 2013 at 11:13 am

Seriously–cannot wait for summer vacation!! Happy Teacher Appreciation Week though! :)

calee May 7, 2013 at 12:57 pm

this: “If Joseph-Gordon Levitt lived during the time of Arabian Nights, i feel like he would have been a lot like Aladdin. And if Aladdin lived now, he would be a hipster.”

And cinnamon roll nutty butter ? (!!!)

Oh, and i love that you took the liberty of changing the categories. Don’t mind if I do. ;)

See ya next week!!!!

Lindsey @ Pas de Deux May 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm

So many things about this post make me happy…especially the fact that Butter Boy’s english muffins are SO GOOD they “cause numerous outcries of communal excitement at a potluck dinner”!!

Did you save some of that AMAZING-looking Nutty Butter for me ;-)

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist May 7, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Pretty much have loved Joseph-Gordon Levitt since 3rd Rock AND when he cut his hair to star in 10 Things…died! LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!!! My fiance makes fun of me for the crush I have on him. Once I stayed in the gym for FOUR HOURS because I was watching 500 Days of Summer and they played it back-to-back! Yes! I stayed for both showings. And I totally could’ve gone home and watched it from there.
Twix please. You know what I’m sayin.

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut May 7, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Gah the thing about these kinds of posts is I have SO MUCH TO COMMENT ON lol so I will just pick a few…
-I love Hulu but am too cheap (or dirt poor) to do Hulu Plus so I am a tad jealous
-I tried La Croix for the first time a couple of weeks ago and nearly spit it out. Not your average cola, but much healthier! I now mix it with the diet dew. ;)
-I really want to see the Silverlinings Playbook!
-I will take one of those nutty butters sans raisins! ;)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 7, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I WANT TO HEAR YOUR BIG JUICY SECRET! Mostly because i’m HOPING to have one soon too but right now it’s just a bit of anxiety in my bones…

Heather @ Better With Veggies May 7, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I’m currently green with envy at the thought of summer vacation! :)

Elizabeth May 8, 2013 at 3:31 pm

So excited to hear your big secret!

Allie May 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I absolutely LOVED Beautiful Ruins! Could have passed on Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I also love La Croix. I kinda think we should be roommates. We could survive on manager’s specials, cabbage, good books and fizzy water together. Forget watching Nashville, you could LIVE it ;D And you could bring me those English muffins while you do.

Danica @ It's Progression May 9, 2013 at 11:49 am

2 things:
-I love that you compared Aladin to Joseph Gordon Levitt. It truly made me laugh out loud :)
-I’m SO sad I can’t be at the Blend Retreat…I would love to meet you!!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli May 9, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I wasn’t so sure about Silver Linings since I’ve gotten mixed feedback but I’m totally convinced that I need to see it now…simply due to the fact that you sat all the way through it! Lol

Aladdin would be a TOTAL hipster! And um…I think he’s got some of your magical bread! ;)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 9, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Love Lady A!! Can’t wait to see Silver Linings Playbook (when I find the time!!) and so excited to see you in 8 days!

Meghan@Clean Eats Fast Feets May 10, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Wow, there’s so much I want to say about this post, but my ADD prevents me from remembering things 12 seconds before that appealed to me, so I took the liberty of writing them down, much like you took the liberty of making things Currently. I whole heartedly approve of this change by the way and also kinda think these currently posts would work well with my Week In Review link up (just sayin’).

Your books appeal to me, especially Michael Pollan and Sophie Kinsella, which coulnd’t be any more different, but equally as appealing. You do need a Kindle by the way. I fought it for years and only succumbed because it was a gift and I wouldn’t have it any other way now. And you can still check out library books on a Kindle.

Other things I love about this post: Housewives of Orange County (let’s be honest: any county), Nashville, an addicion to watermelon and pineapple (certainly there are worse vices to have), and Nutty Cinnamon Bun. You should call it that for sure, and I want some. I suspect you need a third party tester anyway, and I would be totally honest while on a nut butter high.

Last, how can you say…”Also, I am FINALLY going to get to spill a giant secret to y’all very soon. And it is a HUGE (scary, wonderful, overwhelming) blessing.*” and then NOT spill the secret. I hope it’s in the next post because using the word finally was a total misrepresentation and the curiosity is making me nuts…like nutty butter nuts. :0

sarah @ sarah learns May 10, 2013 at 11:17 pm

ahhhh, glee! i just finished season 3 on amazon prime too (i know buying my husband an xbox for his birthday would pay off for me in some way…).

seriously, i know that show is not meant for “adults” of 27, but damn, i love that show. i totally cried when finn waved goodbye to rachel at the end of that season.