#Cho Confessions

by Sarah on March 17, 2013 · 23 comments

Did you know there was a magazine called True Confessions that ran from 1922 through the 1960s? It appears to be a cross between True Crime and Seventeen Magazine’s Traumarauma.*

*Also known as ‘embarassing moments for girls who aren’t allowed to read Cosmo for its confessions.’

Yeah, I didn’t either. Except that I am a nerd who does research on pop cultural phenomena related to confessions in order to come up with a new Sunday Confessions post title every week.

This week’s theme: my Cho(bani) Confessions.

———————————-

Chobani blessed me with the gift of a fully stocked refrig-CHO-rator

–and a #tastereal spoon.

While I have happily indulged in all of the yogurt, I have not used the spoon.

Because this is my yogurt spoon.

Speaking of Chobani, when The Fresh Market opened in Charlottesville, I received a good type of sticker shock.

Despite being well-stocked with Greek yogurt, I went back with the sole purpose of taking advantage of the sale.

Twice.

OK. Three times.

Speaking of that fully stocked fridge…

I rearranged everything–twice–in order to obtain the best possible lighting for the ‘stocked fridge’ photo. And then kept the door open while I took a rather excessive amount of photos…then put everything right back where it was.

And as excited as I was about the massive amounts of new Chobani, I still went to Trader Joe’s the next day and bought my usual giant tubs of Greek and goat’s milk yogurt.

Sometimes you just want plain.

Or you find the greatest a tiny thrill in eating out of the giant yogurt cartons.

The thickened edges are the best part.

For the love of edges is also why when Chobani sent me a huge case of the ‘cho’ very big 32 oz. cartons, I used some to make recipes (as I believe was the intention)…

…but most I just ate. [Oops.]

In my 10-Layer Greek Dip, I was going to use the Chobani I brought home with me for Christmas, but I accidentally–I swear– ate it all, so I used a different brand instead…and just said I used Cho.

My aunt stocked up on Chobani when we stayed with her over Thanksgiving. I never had a chance to try the pineapple, so the last day we were there, I put it in my backpack and carried it on the airplane from Georgia back to Virginia.

It received quite a welcome home party. [Sprinkles!]

Of course, all of my beautifully created ‘Cho’ creations don’t stay so beautiful for long.

When Sister Smart was visiting, and I asked her what she wanted for breakfast on Sunday morning, she told me ‘yogurt.’ Despite having perhaps twelve containers of Chobani in my fridge, I told her she couldn’t have any of them, and gave her this Dannon Oikos I had stolen brought home from a school breakfast instead.

I have this weird feeling/compulstion that any time I eat a bowl of Chobani, I need to Instagram it as a way of saying ‘I love you, and I love your company’s generosity.’*

*Not that I don’t buy it in support, too.

(Confession: I was so upset about my hand being in the photo above, that at one point I tried to take a photo with the container just laying in the bowl.)

However, sometimes I don’t want to make something look fancy.

Or I want to accidentally get a bit heavy handed with the cinnamon.

So I eat other brands instead.

But I do spend an awful lot of time thinking of ‘cho’ punny comments for when I do Instagram a ‘cho’-ment. Those, however, deserve their own post.*

*Or maybe I’m just tired of writing.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 17, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I like the thickened edges, too!! ;)

Cari March 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Glad to know I’m not the only cho-holic! And I love the thick edges :) . NOM. 2% passionfruit is a wonderful thing!

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Passion fruit is my FAVORITE, and I just discovered they are no longer selling it in my local stores. :(

Cari March 21, 2013 at 11:16 am

What a sad thing! How did you discover this? If yogurt traveled well, we could arrange an exchange to remedy this deplorable deficit!

Debbie (Accidently Delish) March 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm

i am always so jealous of you who get CHO-deliveries. being poor really stinks sometimes because spending $1.30 on a single yogurt just isn’t do-able for me. and i’m not lucky enough to find such stellar sales.

but thankfully i can live vicariously through you and your nightly CHO-bowls. <3
so thank you for that!

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Girl, I get jealous of YOU. You rock the free product samples like no other.

Miss Polkadot March 17, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Not only did you just make me feel better about over-stocking – though is there such a thing when it comes to Greek yogurt? It also is SO relieving to know I’m not the only bad host for not sharing my favourite brands with guests ;) . At least not when it comes to certain products.
Regarding the big containers: Eating straight out of them is a necessity. Do I even need to tell you what I’m doing right now ;) ?!
Now if only Chobani was available around here …

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Sometimes we have to be selfish. Those who love us love our possessiveness.

Maria March 17, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I cannot believe you made you sister eat a different brand! That’s HILARIOUS!

The pineapple bowl, with the sprinkles? Perfection.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist March 17, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Haha omg you and I are totally way too alike. It’s a good thing. For us.
I have a full fridge too. Of CHO. And yet, I still go buy the tubs of plain. And my fiance asks why I have to go buy more when it’s already in the fridge. The fear of running out is always on my mind, though I don’t see how it’s possible to run out with a supply like this. I have the spoon on display in my kitchen, but can’t use it. It’s too pretty. I feel like it’s an award. And I prefer my mini dessert spoon. Makes me feel fancy.
And I have my mom stock up before I get there. If there’s any left by the end of my visit, I steal it.
And I run out of Cho. And I say it’s Cho. When it isn’t. But I wish it were. Because I love them. Their packaging is beautiful and their generosity is inspiring.
That is all. Not really, but I’ll stop there. :)

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I am so happy I’m not ‘cho’-lone in my quirks. :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 17, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I freaking love you! AND CHOBANI! We should live in the same place, be roommates and just fill our fridge entirely with Chobani! :)

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Or we could just have a separate refridge-Cho-rator?

Liz @ iheartvegetables March 18, 2013 at 7:44 am

Haha you are a Chobani queen! I Love it! I still haven’t tried all the flavors because I just love the plain so much. But one of these days I’ll finally try pineapple!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 18, 2013 at 10:41 am

That yogurt spoon is awesome! ;) I am pretty sure that I need one to eat my Chobani with! :) .

Chobani March 18, 2013 at 1:13 pm

FYI – As soon as we read the title of this post, Usher’s “Confesssions” song popped into our head! haha

And we LOVE seeing your CHO pics! Seriously. It makes our day. :)

Amy, @Chobani

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Y’all make MY day. Every day. :)

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) March 18, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I’m actually always scared of the thick edges! …what do you make of this?

I must, however, CHOfess that I share your love for Chobani!

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Don’t be scared. They are CHO yummy!

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut March 18, 2013 at 3:56 pm

haha Chobani just exploded all over this post!! I used that Chobani spoon but truth be told…it was quite heavy and when I set the spoon in the yogurt container when it was close to being empty it tipped the whole thing over! I still use the spoon…just not for eating the yogurt lol.

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I was ableto visualize this entire anecdote perfectly. And I hate to say finding joy in your accidental clumsiness made my happy…but I did smile just a bit brighter. :)

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut March 20, 2013 at 11:12 pm

You know, I’m glad something good came out of the mess. ;)

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli March 25, 2013 at 4:52 am

“Confession: I was so upset about my hand being in the photo above, that at one point I tried to take a photo with the container just laying in the bowl.” <- Seriously…I mean it…I literally laughed out loud at this! Head back cackle and everything! Lol

I JUST found the Bites last week! That caramel pineapple is CHO-mazing! ;) They really need to make them into bigger ones!