Roasted Red Pepper + Pinto Bean Dip

by Sarah on February 13, 2013 · 11 comments

If you were paying attention to my last post, I mentioned that The Smart Kitchen build-your-own sandwich shop I set up at Whole Foods on Monday night featured not one, but two sandwich spreads (or, as I like to think of them, spreadable dips*).

*I don’t make a lot of sandwiches. But I do like to dip. [When I dip, you dip, we dip...]

Although the Raw Kale, Artichoke, and Cannelini Spread was good… I actually loved the second, even easier creation even more.

Just as I still had walnuts on my tastebuds, I obviously was still craving roasted red peppers.This Roasted Red Pepper + Pinto Bean Dip is as simple as emptying a can of pintos in a food processor with the roasted peppers, a handful of cilantro, nutritional yeast, and Mexican spices.

It’s slightly spicy and oh-so pretty.And it also looks like a sunset when you pair it with roasted winter squash. :) Roasted Red Pepper + Pinto Bean Dip

[Makes 1 1/2 cups]

• 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added pinto beans, drained
  • 4 oz. roasted red peppers, packed in water [2 whole peppers]
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (a handful)
  • 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp. minced roasted garlic
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor.

Process until smooth.

Kristina February 13, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Mmm hmmm… I love roasted red peppers and I love pintos! this is something I would make. and have made. almost lunch time here, you are making me hungry!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Ohhhh… I have all of this at home right now. I can make it when I land tonight!!! Because when I dip, you dip, we dip… it needs to happen.

jessica, the_toned_teach February 13, 2013 at 7:17 pm

This looks wonderful… it needs to make an appearance in my lunches!

jessica, the_toned_teach February 13, 2013 at 7:17 pm

ps: check me out! reading blogs on a school night :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables February 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Mmmm… I am loving these spreads. This makes me want to kick myself that I’m allergic to bell peppers!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 13, 2013 at 10:38 pm

This sounds amazingly good. I would love to dip crackers, pita bread, or veggies in this. Yum!

Jennifer February 14, 2013 at 8:38 am

Hiya! Awesome recipe for Pinto’s! I’ll have to try this!

Liz @ iheartvegetables February 15, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Holy YUM woman.

1. This looks amazing
2. I miss you.

Allie February 22, 2013 at 9:41 am

Thank you for being my blogging twin and not being able to post a dip recipe without referencing Da Dip :)

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli March 12, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I was wonnnnnndering where that second spreadable was! And again…kicking myself! Stupid…stupid…stupid food processor!