This–bizarrely, beautifully berry-licious–salad the other night got me thinking:
Sounds like chili to me.
[Makes 8 Cups]
- 1 3/4 cup sweet onion, diced (215g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 cup bell pepper–any color–chopped (140g)
- 3/4 cup chopped mango, fresh or frozen (140g)
- 1 cup blueberries (121g)
- 1 15-oz. can tri-blend beans (or beans of your choice)
- 1 14.5-oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8-oz. no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- Combine onion, garlic, and jalapeno in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Add water to cover and bring to a simmer.
- Once onion has softened, stir in bell pepper and spices.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, until pepper are tender.
- Stir in mango and blueberries. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water to the pot.
- Bring chili to a simmer.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice (just before serving).
Yes, it does look like I took my blueberry obsession to a weird place after all. But I know at least Laura is excited about it. See what other strange but good foodie creations have been created this week by checking out the link-up on her blog today!