Bloobs Sounds Like Boobs [#WIAW]

by Sarah on January 23, 2013 · 16 comments

Once upon a time, Miss Smart bought a giant, one-and-one-half pound clamshell of blueberries at Trader Joe’s.

vanilla proats w. oranges, goji berries, blueberries, crystallized ginger, and date pieces

And they were worth every one of the 699 pennies they cost.

peanut flour goop with kix, graham cereal, blueberries, and chocolate covered amaranth

Yet, she was rarely in the habit of eating the tiny blue orbs by the handful from the fridge.

chobani bowl w. kix, mango, pears, pomegranate seeds...and blueberries

[This being an activity she reserved, generally, for cold roasted squash, root vegetables, and cabbage.]

vanilla proats w. green grapes, blueberries, crystallized ginger, bananas, and graham cracker crumbs

Regardless, she found a way to use them all.

chobani and cereal bowl with blueberries, green grapes, goji berries

(Even if she did, on occasion, feel as though her food was staring at her.)

they just look like eyeballs...

Some ways were rather simple, but still delicious.

on oatmeal with gold rush apples, pomegranate seeds, and crystallized ginger

Some ways were very sweet.

gold rush apples + blueberries on Greek fro yo with sprinkles and graham cracker crumblies

[On repeat.]

obviously there was some blueberry frozen yogurt involved

Sometimes new!

the new love grown hot oats don't only look just like the picture on the container, they are "oh my goll yall" good

Sometimes strange.

roasted buttercup squash stuffed with turnip skordalia and soy tzatziki

[But good. ;) ]

...with quick-seared rosemary tempeh crumbles for extra protein

And so, Jenn, and all you little blog-berries, on this What I Ate Wednesday you might be overwhelmed with blue.

But no worries.

unless you worry about the fact that she ate mustard herb oatmeal w. squash, kale chip crumblies, apples, blueberries, and homemade granola for breakfast

Because even if Miss Smart DID happen to stumble upon a golden ticket and make her way to the chocolate factory…

cookies 'n' creme plant fusion proats w. blueberries, previously frozen strawberries (turned to jam), sprinkles, and chocolate covered amaranth

the only way she could go the route of gum-smacking Violet Beauregard is if she also stumbled upon some blueberry chew.

Now is the time to start worrying.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 23, 2013 at 12:37 am

I dislike when people say Bloobs due the the Boob confusion. Hahaha!

I have a giant think of blueberries right now and posted a WIAW dessert recipe with ‘em. Our great minds are ready for spring, no?

P.S. Rosemary tempeh?! That must happen.

Kristina January 23, 2013 at 2:09 am

I agree with Laura ^^ I am not a fan of BLOOBS. blueberries are one of my favorites, ever, and… I may need to try several of these concoctions you’ve got going on here. I am impressed, even the largest box wouldn’t make it into that many dishes around here – Literal Shoving In The Mouth would be happening…

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 23, 2013 at 6:13 am

LOVE blueberries!! I especially like when my dad buys the giant containers at Costco because it means I’ll have blueberries for more than a day or two. ;)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 23, 2013 at 7:51 am

Hahaha I looove blueberries. One of my favorite fruits!

Jessie January 23, 2013 at 8:45 am

Ha Ha, you are too funny! Love blueberries.. especially in smoothies :)

Calee January 23, 2013 at 10:57 am

huh huh you said boobs.

Miss Polkadot January 23, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Haha, okay, I’ve been meaning to buy a package of blueberries tomorrow because they’re on offer (in winter?!). Now it’ll be your fault if I’m combining them in weird ways :D

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life January 23, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Suddenly I have a craving for blueberries….

Everything looks delicious!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli January 23, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Haha! I LOVE it! I’ve been craving fresh blueberries SO bad, but I’m always afraid they’re going to end up tasting like water around this time of year so I guess I’ll just keep hoarding (my precious) frozen ones until I just can’t take it anymore! And for the record, mustard and blueberries were MADE for each other! One of my favorite salad combinations is spinach, blueberries, and almonds topped with a horseradish mustard sauce that I found (and then went back for 3 more bottles) at TJ Maxx!

caren @ voodies January 24, 2013 at 1:15 am

Lovin those hot oats!! where can I find them?

Sarah January 24, 2013 at 11:40 am

The Hot Oats are slowly being rolled out starting on the West Coast (I believe), but their website can tell you the retailers. I will be doing a giveaway in February though. ;)

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 24, 2013 at 7:48 am

Aaaaand now I want blueberries!

Allie January 24, 2013 at 10:40 am

I will totally sneak cold squash from the fridge, too. Glad I’m not alone. I can’t wait for blueberry season and freeeee ones from my family’s bushes. Until then? Frozen ain’t half bad either. Gotta try it with squash now…

Cari January 24, 2013 at 4:21 pm

gold rush apples are SO GOOD!

sara @ fitcupcaker January 24, 2013 at 4:48 pm

bluberries are my favorite!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables January 27, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I am now craving blueberries!! I hope you don’t turn blue!! ;)