What [Not Who] I Voted For [Wednesday]

by Sarah on November 7, 2012 · 15 comments

Yesterday, those of us who have reached our eighteenth birthdays utilized our freedom by participating in the election of the President of the United States (among other candidates and questions).

i was more excited to get this sticker than the small children with their dad in front of me.

Being an altogether apolitical (but, I like to think, patriotic) individual, I do not feel the need to express my opinion on who I voted for, or my thoughts on the outcome–which at the time of this writing, we do not knowbut I would like to tell you, Jenn and my fellow What I Ate Wednesday compatriots, some other things I definitely voted for on Election Day.With the day off from school, I voted YES to sleeping in. [7:30 AM is sleeping in to an elementary school teacher.]

vote NO to wearing socks you stole from mama smart (who also made them) if she follows you on instagram. oops.

I voted YES to Gold Rush apples. I vote NO to the fact that they are no longer available from the orchard. :(

one of the produce guys at whole foods actually said to me this weekend, "i remember you..you were the one who kept telling everyone to buy those apples two weeks ago." (guilty.)

I voted YES to sprinkles.Funfetti Oatmeal for President.And some days, you just have to vote YES to a second bowl.

rather simple bowl of proats made with strawberry vanilla genuine health vegan proteins

I voted YES to Hemp Hearts.

they are just so darn pretty. (and flavorfully complex)

I voted YES to a two-hour friend date.

I also support the barista who suggested I combine the spiced roobis with the ginger tea.

I voted YES to Banana Bread Nutty Butter.*

*By the way, today is the last day to place your orders for November

But you’ll have to wait until the new year some time to get it….

And I continue to vote YES to bizarrevery awesome colder weather running ensembles. (And bouffant hairdos.)

what will i add to my hippie leprechaun zebra look next?

I definitely vote YES to the act of throwing random veggies from your freezer and fridge into a pot far exceeding expectations.

there is nothing smoked paprika, thyme, and cumin can't fix.

And to calling it the Soup of the (Three Day) Week!

i also apparently support the primary color cause.

I always vote yes to Yogi Ginger Tea, but this impulse buy Kroger Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Spice just might be part of my new nightly tea platform. [The combination of cinnamon, orange peel, ginger, and who knows what else literally smells--and tastes--like the holidays.]

I am a bipartisan tea drinker.

And I’m going to take my second cup–with the same tea bag (I vote for weak tea in the name of saving money)–and vote YES to eating this AMAZING bowl of Greek yogurt messiness

fage 0% w. raspberries, love grown raisin almond crunch, and a mess of other deliciousness

…and vote YES to some mindless, but incredibly endearing, television. :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 7, 2012 at 12:19 am

Where’s my polling station – I want to vote for all of your eats. Most of all, I want to vote for your winter running gear. Rockstar.

Maria November 7, 2012 at 12:27 am

“I voted YES to a two-hour friend date.” <— insanely jealous of the date and the tea of course.

If you need another ginger tea fix, I am obsessed (and have been all year to the fact that's its pretty much the only tea I drink now) with Bently's Ginger Peach White Tea (found on Amazon). It's expensive, so I just make my work stock it in the lunch room :) Putting them out of business one tea bag at a time…

Leila @ Spinach and Skittles November 7, 2012 at 12:33 am

Mu grandma reuses the same tea bag all day #childofthedepression. I find it endearing.

char eats greens November 7, 2012 at 5:29 am

I also vote yes to all your eats and drinks. I love yogi tea – fave brand for sure!!

Kelsey @ SoMuchLifeToLive November 7, 2012 at 8:01 am

Haha….I vote YES to Hart of Dixie! I think that she’s so cute, and any show set in the south holds a special place in my heart:)

Sarah November 7, 2012 at 8:19 am

LOL love this post! “Funfetti Oatmeal for President.” Seriously though, can we make this happen? I mean who doesn’t love sprinkles in their oatmeal. Yum banana bread Nutty Butter sounds epic. And yes two hour friend dates for the win.

Miss Polkadot November 7, 2012 at 8:33 am

Haha, I vote YES to you keeping up your hilarious posts! Please don’t stop them anytime soon :D .

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count November 7, 2012 at 8:35 am

I also voted and am staunch in my resolve not to discuss any of the political stuff!! Anyway, love the idea of random freezer veggie soup! I’ve been doing that myself, realizing that there are WAY too many packages of freezer burned veggies in there, yet I refuse to toss them. It’s just Us being Thrifty!! Have a great day, Sarah! LOVE the running outfit!!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 7, 2012 at 8:39 am

I vote yes to a lot of those as well, especially the first one. I didn’t sleep in, but I had the day off. It was wonderful!

Allie November 7, 2012 at 10:06 am

I vote yes to stealing those socks–they look warm and fabulous! I just bought Good Earth cinnamon spice tea, and if the PS stuff is anything like it–Mmmm, sweet, spicy, warm and winter-appropriate!

Debbie (Accidently Delish) November 7, 2012 at 11:19 am

1. i love sprinkles. the end. 2. i demand that banana bread nut butter as soon as possible. THE END!!

Heather @ Better With Veggies November 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Roobios + Ginger, I like that barista too. Now I’m going to have to find those for the house!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I love all your votes!! I wanna vote for them too! I also Vote for my Nutty Butter I got in the mail today!!!! I have lost all self control!

Gina @Health, Love, and Chocolate November 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Haha I have also been that girl encouraging strangers to purchase certain produce varieties… Can’t wait for the banana bread nutty butter!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Such a patriotic post. ;) I vote ‘yes’ to your blog! :)