Goop! (There It Is…) [WIAW]

by Sarah on November 14, 2012 · 15 comments

Here I go, Here I go,

Here I go again.

vanilla goop w. persimmon goo, goji berries, and date pieces, on p28 bread

What’s my weakness?Men! Goop!

vanilla goop w. PB2 drizzle + blueberries + love grown granola

Yes. Indeed. I have a weakness.

Protein powder, with water added…just enough so that it turns into a yogurt-like blob of lacking-in-tacky(ng)-so-it-can’t-be-gooyumminess.

strawberry vanilla goop w. bananas, love grown granola, and date pieces

cake batter goop w. previously frozen berries + sprinkles (!)

There it is.

If you follow me on Instagram–or remember my Ode to Wasa feature from the weekly roundup of feast-your-eyes-on-these eats hosted by the lovely Jenn we know as What I Ate Wednesday a while back–you are familiar with the goop. But for those of you unitiated, all I have to say is this:

I don’t think you’re ready, for this jelly…*

*Really, so much more of a pudding.

the lovechild of handisnacks + dunkaroos

I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly…*

*Or even a creamy spread.

this looks like a pop-tart.

I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly…*

*Sometimes an accidental fondue.

(persimmon) goo + goop = whoop(s)

‘Cause my snack is too goopalicious for ya, babe.

cinnamon peanut butter chocolate goop with wasa for dipping

Goop, goop-be-doop,goop-be-doop-be-doop-be-doop.

You make me want to GOOP.(And that’s how you bring a 90s pop allusion-filled post full circle.)

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someonePin on Pinterest

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 14, 2012 at 7:19 am

I actually woke up thinking about Dunkaroos. For read. Those little sprinkle balls in it made the whole snack. Maybe I should be some… but then again, I really can be trusted with things like that in the house.

Jessie November 14, 2012 at 7:56 am

Okay, all of your goop just looks delicious! Oh how I miss dunkaroos. I used to love them as a child.

char eats greens November 14, 2012 at 8:19 am

I can’t believe I’ve never done the goop before. CLEARLY missing out. Plus, you make your blog post so hilarious that it makes me seriously consider switching the husband for goop haha

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 14, 2012 at 9:02 am

So much goop. So much delicious looking goop. Who knew that was possible? 😉

Nikki @ Road To Less Cake November 14, 2012 at 9:09 am

Goop looks gooooooooooooooooooooood!

Eating 4 Balance November 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

Everything looks so tasty! You definitely need to share some of your add-ins to make all the different “goop” flavors!!

Hehe. I wonder how many people will manage to comment on this post today without using the word GOOP. 😀

Debbie (Accidently Delish) November 14, 2012 at 11:07 am

good golly that is goop heaven and i love it.

you should send me some wasa crackers. but i want them pre-made and loaded with goop. think you can do that? thanks. <3

Allie November 14, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Aaand now I know what CD I’m pulling out to dance/do housechores to this evening. Ahhh, push it. Ooh, baby baby.

Heather @ Better With Veggies November 14, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Haha – this is too funny. I like the goop with sprinkles – anything with sprinkles is fabulous! :)

Emily November 14, 2012 at 2:46 pm

And now I have 90s pop stuck in my head. =)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 14, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Only you can make goop look good! I have been eating a lot of goop lately… just because it is quick, and I need quick right now!

Devon November 15, 2012 at 12:02 am

I have also become a recent goop addict. My favourite is peanut flour and sunwarrior mixed with either cocoa, or cinnamon and butterscotch flavour. Mmm…..

Fran@BCDC November 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

That sounds yummy!!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli November 16, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha! Omg girl, you’re KILLING me!! Now I’m gonna be singing “goop, goop-be-boop” for the rest of the night! Love it!

And I want some of that persimmon goop! Mmmm!

Ttrockwood November 16, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Pleeeeezzeee tell me what vegan protein powder you use! I have yet to find one that is managable as a non- smoothie.
i feel old now.
The “shoop” song was a big hit on mtv- you know, back when people watched mtv for music videos and youtube didnt exist….!