[Insert Witty or Thoughtful Thanksgiving Post Title Here]

by Sarah on November 25, 2012 · 7 comments

As predicted, my Thanksgiving day plate looked exactly the same as my plate from last year.And, although this year I went running through Georgia pines, instead of going to Carolina in my mind……spent Black Friday on horseback, following the quail hunt…*

*as opposed to the ziplining adventures of Thanksgiving past

sometimes vegans go hunting.

…and spent evenings toasting marshmallows at bonfires, instead of painting cows,…the one thing that will never change is how lucky I feel to have a family like this one.

[Oh, and that no matter where I go I will find a way to eat something upon which many a skeptical glance is placed.* :) ]

*”So you put a meat substitute in your oatmeal? With protein powder?”

i travel with protein powder. and TVP.

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance November 25, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Ha Ha, I totally freak people out with my packed protein oatmeal breakfasts. I figure that I might as well start my day off well, no matter what! :)

Yes, it’s back to work….*sigh*

Liz @ iheartvegetables November 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Hahaha I love that you travel with TVP and I think you’re the only vegan I’ve ever seen go hunting ;)

I packed PB2 for my trip (plus a ton of other stuff… because that’s what we do haha)

Fran@BCDC November 26, 2012 at 7:24 am

On my ride to Florida last year, I took hummus and sandwich rounds to have for my lunches on the road. Kept them in an insulated bag. It worked great. I’m going to do better planning ahead on our next drive out West.

Allie November 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Aww, I wish I could have spent Thanksgiving on horseback! And yup, it’s all about the family. Besides, who else will judge your food choices AND let you know all about it–while still loving you anyway? Ahh, family :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 26, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving!! I get plenty of sideways glances from family on what I eat too. But… at least I know they love me no matter what I eat. Right???

Gina @Health, Love, and Chocolate November 26, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I got quite a lot of questions and weird looks when I made my food while visiting family as well haha. Your Thanksgiving dinner and activities look like they made for a great holiday!

Sunnie(moderngirlnutrition) November 27, 2012 at 9:48 am

Your Thanksgiving dinner looks perfect to me! And your Black Friday sounds so fun! Have a great week:)