Accidental Vegan Runner

by Sarah on September 7, 2012 · 8 comments

Spending less time in The Smart Kitchen means I have more time to visit my friends through blogging. :)

Today, check out the post I wrote for the lovely, vegan (newly-transplated to) Colorado-based athlete Heather @ Better With Veggies, who I ‘met’ first because of her need for Eggless Egg Salad and then met “for real” at Blend in May.

Wondering where my new passion for running came from?

Yeah. Me too.

But it’s totally changed my outlook on atheticism and calorie-counting, improved my mental health…and made my legs look super hot. ;)

In addtion to being an accidental runner, I’m also an accidental vegan.

Amandaanother of my fabulous friends through blogging who I had the pleasure of meeting at Blend in May–has been fielding posts about the reasons for ‘going veg (or vegan.’

Wonder what I mean by “vegan with benefits”?

Why I didn’t eat turkey on Thanksgiving……but did eat an excessive amount of this homemade peanut butter cup ice cream?

Check out my post over at Diary of a Semi-Health Nut for the (attempted) explanation. :)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 7, 2012 at 11:42 am

I had so many insightful things to say and commentary about how proud I am of you for your running accomplishments… and then I saw that ice cream and my mind went blank. I think I need it. Now.

Maria September 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I’m having some serious leg envy over here. But not enough to make me want to go run a few miles :) So proud of your running accomplishments!

Gosh, I cannot wait for Thanksgiving.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 7, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I love Heather and I love you! I can’t wait to see you again and you can motivate me to get back into my running shoes!

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut September 7, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I love BOTH of these posts!! And not just because one of them is on my blog! ;)

I tried to comment on Heather’s blog..but it wasn’t letting me…good work with all the running! I agree with you that it is a nice time to think and not multitask! :)

Tt in nyc September 8, 2012 at 12:15 am

Hi!!
I am so proud of you for saying what you need here, and since its your blog then yoi get to do what you want!!
Obviously there are only so many hours in the day for anyone, and all of your readers “get” that. I have found out that often stepping away from technology or turning it off (can you believe it?? My iphone has an off switch!??) is when i am able to reconnect with friends amd family and focus on my projects at hand.
Im so lazy/lame i just blend raw oats into my smoothies- actually never occured to me to cook them first! Hahaha- i’ll try that this weekend.

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 8, 2012 at 8:37 am

I loved your guest post and thought it was really well written and funny. Great legs; you rock those bad boys…er girls.

Sarah September 9, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Thanks so much! And I am trying hard to rock them…whatever their gender. :)

Calee (@chimes) September 11, 2012 at 10:58 am

I am soooo excited for you! I’ve spent years trying to recapture the feeling I had when I fell in love with running.