The Summer of Awesome.

by Sarah on August 31, 2012 · 9 comments

Technically, the fall equinox–and the start of autumn–isn’t until September 22nd, but considering we’ve been back in school for over a week, today is the last day of August, and, after Monday, it will be a faux pas to wear white should you find yourself at a dinner party in the deep South, it seems as good a time as any to celebrate the entire SUMMER of Awesome.*

*Things That Are Awesome (The Summer Series): Volume….something or other.

And this was, in fact, an incredibly AWESOME summer.

Road trips!

To locations both near

…and far.

Hiking in the Adirondacks?

Mama Smart getting married?

Licking my plate for both vanilla bean buerre blanc (aka straight-up butter sauce)…AND an insane golden gazpacho?AWESOME.

The hills are alive...with the sounds of AWE--SOOOOME!!!

Grandpa Smart turning 90 in Wisconsin…

…where I got to see family AND friends (through blogging).

Who hasn’t been thinking about making awesome star-shaped mushrooms for their veggie burgers since then?

Or dreaming about a little ice cream topping called Twinkle Cote?

All AWESOME.

Did I forget to mention a little thing called Nutty Butter, LLC?Awesome.*

*Much like the genius of Calee Himes who designed this header for facebook, the Nutty Butter logo, and is currently working on all of the packaging.

Incredibly thoughtful gifts from friends? Also awesome.

Delicious food?

Delightful friends (and family)?

No wonder back-to-school was so hard.

SO much awesome.

[And hopefully much more to come. :) ]

lindsay August 31, 2012 at 7:06 am

you know how to live well and live in the moment! cheers to a great summer.

Tosha August 31, 2012 at 9:02 am

Looks like you had a fabulous year!!! Congrats on the company, I can’t wait to try my first jar!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning August 31, 2012 at 10:51 am

You are SO GOSH DARN CUTE. And, uh… awesome. :)
Here’s to a great school year- and LOTS of nutty butter in your future!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 31, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I miss you and your awesome self!! Maybe we can have an awesome meet up soon??

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) September 1, 2012 at 7:50 am

Your happiness is always so contagious :) It’s pretty AWESOME. Cheers to an AWESOME school year, too!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 1, 2012 at 7:53 am

Wow, you had a pretty full summer!! Congrats again on your Nutty Butter success. That is so awesome. I can’t wait to try my own Birthday Cake version! ;)

Ashley @ Freckles and Spice September 1, 2012 at 9:16 am

This post was AWESOME! It made me smile for you.
I love the combo of grilled pineapple and avocado on burgers. That pic made me drool.
I still haven’t told you how happy/proud of you I am for starting your own business this summer. It’s such a big thing! Did you ever think you would be doing that at the beginning of the year??
Also if it comes time you need a partner you let me know – I need a change :)
Happy Sept. 1st!

Calee (@chimes) September 1, 2012 at 10:34 am

SOOO many awesome things!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Healthiful Balance September 3, 2012 at 4:18 am

Looks like an awesome summer!!