Forget a summer concert series. ‘Round The Smart Kitchen, Friday means another show in the summer awesome series.I’m not going to beat around the idiomatic bush here, because Rach and I have the watermelon (that she spontaneously bought 10 minutes ago) to eat and The Wedding Date (that she spontaneously got from Red Box 15 minutes ago) to watch, so let’s get right to it, shall we?
Things That Are Awesome, Vol. VIII [I think.]
1. When you’ve had your food processor for so long, and you’ve use it so much, that its name can hardly be read.[It's similar to the end of the school year when your name tag is so beat up and worn that it's falling off.]
2. Trading Nutty Butter for kombucha SCOBY: a Chai Nut (Tea)
Butter barter for a taco brain.[Yes, I buried the brain in the back of the fridge in a rather opaque container so as not to freak Rach out too much...or risk her throwing it away thinking it was something deadly or poisonous.]
3. Having an atypical amount of empty space in the fridge.
3.5 Using to chill your watermelon before cutting it.[Of course, this also makes it really hard not to eat half a watermelon in the 10-15 minutes* you are cutting it.]
4. Trader Joe’s Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas. I am not on a low carb diet by any means, but these things are delicious (and oh so soft and chewy).The reason I have no photograph of them being put to Miss Smartsy-creative use is that I pretty much tend to just grab one (or two…or three) straight from the bag in the fridge and rip ‘em apart and consume.
I stumbled upon this at Cranberry’s Grocery & Eatery while in Staunton last weekend, and couldn’t resist buying it. Flavored with coconut and butterscotch? Yes, please. I steeped a tea bag in a small amount of water for a super long time, then added in cold water and stuck it in the fridge to chill even more. I just drank it. My tastebuds were blown.[They recommended adding coconut milk, but I figured chilling the tea in a former coconut oil jar counted. Maybe?]
6. Sherlock, the BBC Miniseries starring Benedict [Timothy Carlton] Cumberbatch.
7. Whole Foods Zesty Tahini DressingI was able to get a jar for free with a coupon from the Richmond Vegetarian Festival. It, along with extra nutritional yeast, make for the greatest tasting bowl of goodness I have ever consumed.*
I may or may not have eaten some variation of this salad about 12 times.
An idea I was first introduced to by Mollee at the Wholesome Goodness Virginia Bloggers “Mocktail” Party, I was reminded of the concept by some
members of my fan club attendees of my latest Whole Foods cooking class.Note to self everyone: Mrs. Renfro’s Pomegranate Salsa is a perfect pair for Ginger Mango Guacamole.
10. When you go over to a friend‘s house and she offers up a plethora of homegrown tomatoes for the taking.10.5 The recipe I am planning to test with them this weekend….