Nutty Butter (Me) Up-date

by Sarah on August 6, 2012 · 13 comments

This weekend I made the first batch of Nutty Butter

…in a commercial kitchen space!

I used (and overheated) my new KitchenAid food processor.*

*A deal discovered by Rach on Rue La La.

[My old food processor is still chugging along, but I wanted needed something a little bigger.]

But let’s be honest. I was really the most excited about the commercial dishwasher!

OK. That’s not really true. What I’m really most excited about is the new Nutty Butter logo, designed by the beautiful and talented Calee Himes!

I am SO excited to show this to y’all, and to tell you that the labels are also coming along quite beautifully. Every flavor will have it’s own color and label design and from what I’ve been previewed, they are going to be amazing. :)

You can see the horizontal version of the logo on the newly updated Nutty Butter page, where I’ve put info on new pricing, jars, and flavors.

still my handmade labels for now...

If you hope over to the page and check it out, you’ll notice that I’ve retired and semi-retired a few flavors. Cinnamon Coconut will be back once I’ve perfected the formula to my liking, and Apple Pie will be re-released* in the fall, as part of my (not so) super secret Nutty Butter Fall Collection.

*I’ve reformulated it, making it smoother and more authentically apple-tasting.

Chai (Nut) Tea Butter will come back in the winter and Lemon Bar will only be available for a couple more months.

Because of my long-term sub job, I need to refine the flavors I’m offering and perfect my process so I can try (hope, pray, believe I will be able) to manage a full time job with trying to get this small business off of the (clean and sanitary) ground.

I DO have a brand new flavor debuting on Friday, which Liz (and the other Virginia Bloggers at our meet-up over the weekend) got a sneak peek taste of…it’s good, y’all. I promise. :)

Nutty Butter is also now on twitter

….and Facebook!

I’d be much obliged if you would go follow and like Nutty Butter in the various ways that one does that in the social media world. :)

And while you are hopping around the web, why not check out my nutty guest post over on Kelly’s blog today?

There’s a chance to win some Nutty Butter waiting for you…

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life August 6, 2012 at 7:09 am

Calee has DONE IT AGAIN!!! I LOVE your new logo!!! YAY!! I’m so happy for you. It is all coming together so nicely :) Thx again for the guest post and giveaway on the blog today. I’m so excited for one of my readers to win some of your awesomeness!!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 6, 2012 at 8:53 am

Look at you, big shot! I’m so excited for you. That lemon flavor is DELICIOUS!!!

P.S. Calee did an awesome job!

Calee (@chimes) August 6, 2012 at 9:30 am

Sweet! I am soooo excited for you. I can’t wait to get the packaging design done. I wish I would have brought the patterns to work so I could work on a twitter bg / facebook cover over lunch!

Calee (@chimes) August 6, 2012 at 9:31 am

Also — I don’t even know how I did this, but the logo seriously matches your blog. I didn’t even think about it matching your blog. I was going for your personality to have the feel of your current labeling system.

Emily August 6, 2012 at 11:48 am

Wow! So amazing and I’m so excited for you. I can’t WAIT to get my hands on some of your nutty butter.

Living, Learning, Eating August 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Wow, it sounds like Nutty Butter is doing really well! That’s so awesome – congrats!

sarah @ sarah learns August 6, 2012 at 3:30 pm

i am loving the new logo! and hooray commercial kitchen. i’m so pumped for you that everything in nutty-butter-land is going so well! :)

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See August 6, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Another new flavor??!?! YUMMM!! So excited for you girl :)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 6, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I love the new logo!! I’m so excited that everything is working out so well!! Let’s catch up here soon!! I miss you!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Wow, congrats to you, girl! You are doing an incredible job with this new venture!

Kailey August 6, 2012 at 9:23 pm

The Lemon Bar Nutty Butter sounds really interesting!

Tianna August 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm

That logo is so delightful and whimsical … and I’m placing an order for that lemon bar nutty butter – I can’t let it go into retirement without a try!

Sonia the Mexigarian August 8, 2012 at 11:19 am

So happy for you. Little steps at a time your business is growing :D I like the new logo. Yeah, I have to order that lemon nutty butter. Anything with lemons and I’m there.