Checking Virginia Off of Her List

by Sarah on July 12, 2012 · 14 comments

When I found out Lindsay had put “Road Trip to Virginia for the Polyface Farms Lunatic Tour”–a tour I, myself, had been on only a few months before–on her Summer Bucket List, I knew only two things for sure:

1. There would be a dinner.

(FYI: I'm really only posting this picture because my leg looks really good.)

[and] 2. There would be gift bags.

I knew that The Local would be the perfect spot for a group of Virginia’s most fun and fabulous food and healthy living bloggers to welcome a ‘blend’ from North Carolina.Luckily, I was able to convince some local businesses* that it would also be in their best interest to provide swag for the gift bags.

*Including the unpictured Nutty Butter, LLC (of course). :)

We all enjoyed a lovely meal on the upper deck, where I marveled at how strikingly the shoestring sweet potatoes on Kristin‘s pork resembled my hair……and ordered the quinoa-stuffed zucchini for myself.

Is it just me, or does it look a bit like a flattened fish?

Although I think I prefer the winter-ized version of this dish–which features amazing acorn squash*–I clearly was happy with what I was brought.

*My date didn’t last, but the love for the dish lingers on…

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and I was so happy to spend the evening with some of my favorite friends-through-blogging. [I much prefer the 'realness' of that phrase to the virtual-tinged 'blogger friends'. ;) ]I somewhat purposely sat Lindsay at the other end of the table from me at dinner, because I didn’t want her to be bored with me when the night was over, since we had plans for lunch the next day as well. If you know me, you know I head straight to Feast!for blogger lunches, and not just because there are always tantalizing treats to taste prior to your meal.

This pairing of praline mustard glaze with gingersnaps was a revelation.

I love Feast! because they are so kind to bloggers, whether it is donating a gift box for a raffle at dinner the night before……or reserving a table for us, just in case it was super busy.

Oh, and the food’s pretty darn good, too. :)

Mediterranean Salad with tapenade and herb hummus...feta-free.

I am SO happy I was able to share two of my favorite spots with Lindsay, as well as some of my favorite people. [Including Kath, who was able to make it to lunch as well.]

Clara wins the cuteness prize. ;)

So, Lindsay, now that you’ve done what Train said and ‘met’ Virginia, is it time for me to become a little bit of a (North) ‘Carolina Girl’?

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count July 12, 2012 at 5:38 am

Looks like such fun! Wish I knew more bloggers in my area. Guess I’ll have to come to Virginia!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 12, 2012 at 7:23 am

Fun!! And your legs are looking quite good, lady. ;)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List July 12, 2012 at 8:40 am

A couple of things:
Your legs look HOT!
You’re the best party planner ever.
Asheville needs some redhead love.
It’s a blessing to call you friend.

sarah @ sarah learns July 12, 2012 at 8:52 am

looks like two lovely meals! when i come to virginia (who KNOWS when that will be), i will officially put you in charge of my activities.

Emily July 12, 2012 at 9:07 am

Nice legs. Annnnd where in the world can I find “Fire Antz” – totally intrigued.

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) July 12, 2012 at 9:56 am

So, how far away is Virginia from me? I’m tempted to drive up for your next friends through blogging party :)

PS- agreed. Your leg looks great!

Katie @ Nutrition in a Peanut Shell July 12, 2012 at 11:02 am

I love how most of you are all kind of wearing aqua tinged clothing :)
You guys make me wish I lived in VA

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. July 12, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I’m glad you were able to include yourself in the group photo this time!

Heather Blackmon @ Better With Veggies July 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Looks like so much fun – blogger get togethers are some of my favorite! =)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 12, 2012 at 10:01 pm

OH how fun!!!! I’m super jealous– I’m in need of a blogger meet up asap! :) Your leg does look super hot. ;) Miss you friend!

Brittany July 12, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Sarah – you’re awesome! Thank you so much for planning the blogger meet-up at The Local. It was a blast and Lindsay is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. Love her!

PS – Your Nutty Butter rocks! My Oatmeal Raisin Cookie jar is almost gone. I think there might be one bite of it left, which might not last until tomorrow. ;)

Diana @ VeggieNextDoor July 12, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I so wish Chicago was a little closer to Virginia & NC, and not just because the weather is so much better! Looks like a fabulous time and delicious places.

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning July 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

SO cool. That’s all I have to say. :)