Sauer-prise!

by Sarah on June 26, 2012 · 20 comments

Once upon a Monday, Miss Smart already thought she was having a pretty great start to the week: easy time switching her driver’s license and car registration at the DMV, good workout, spending way too much money at Target, and whipped up some successful first test batches of some new Nutty Butter flavors.She had already checked the mail to discover The Simply Bars that she had won from Kim @ Wonderings of a Twenty Something had arrived!All that stood between Miss Smart and The Bachelorette was the composition of a blog post about this amazing Raw Beet + Kale + Carrot Salad with Apple Miso Dressing.

Oh. And the dishes. Right.

And then. AND THEN. Mid-wash, there came a knock at the door.*

*Which she initially ignored of course.

What? What is this? Have the larger-sized Nutty Butter jars FINALLY arrived?Gosh darn it. I ordered WHITE tops.

[And well, actually, I didn't order them from Amazon.]

These look surprisingly like…WHAT the SAUERKRAUT?!?!

Miss Smart was in shock. Who sent this? Who knew how longily she craved the fermented goodness that lay within the Libby’s Bavarian Style Sauerkraut can…that which she was unable to find now that she had left Texas and the land of HEB behind?There was only one thing left to do: abandon all previous blog post plans and seek out the saur-cret Smart Kitchen admirer.*

*Fine. Two things.

And dig in. Obviously.

Was it YOU????

Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 26, 2012 at 6:46 am

Haha well it definitely wasn’t me. But I think it’s hilarious how excited you are over sauerkraut! ;)

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count June 26, 2012 at 7:05 am

How cool that someone sent those to you, Sarah! A friend sent me caramel flavored Tootsie Pops one time because I couldn’t find them. Drove me crazy trying to figure it out. Looking forward to the solving of the mystery!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 26, 2012 at 8:00 am

I’ve never seen that much ‘kraut in one place. I can’t wait to see the funkiness you create with that haul!

lindsay June 26, 2012 at 8:01 am

Oh how funny! Love me some sauerkraut!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 26, 2012 at 8:21 am

What a random item to discover – I’m sure you’ll dream up some great ideas for it!

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert June 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm

It wasn’t me! Maybe it came to the wrong house :) Naw that doesn’t work either. Who else would want a whole case of sauerkraut except you and my husband. Must be from one of your many admirers.

Maria June 26, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Secret admirer. I love the mystery of it all! (It was not me, but I’d love to take credit for this.)

I need to place a Nutty Butter order soon and am so excited about the bigger jars!

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut June 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I’ve never even had sauerkraut before…I don’t really even know what it is haha!

Also I LOVE a good day of shopping at Target!! I actually have to go back to return some things that I bought but really don’t need lol.

Baking Serendipity June 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Secret admirer for sure! I definitely expected this to go the way of disappointment that the order was mixed up. Your love of sauerkraut cracks me up!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 26, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Ohmygoodness, what a mystery!!! How fun! It wasn’t me, but enjoy the kraut :D

Lena @Fit on the Rocks June 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm

haha how random! Twas not I, but yay for secret package senders!

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles June 26, 2012 at 3:34 pm

A secret sourkraut admirer! What a fun surprise

Heather Blackmon @ Better With Veggies June 26, 2012 at 5:36 pm

This is freakin hilarious!! :) Hope you find the secret kraut admirer.

Cait's Plate June 26, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hahaha – it wasn’t me but that’s pretty amazing!! Excited to see what you come up with for them! :)

Healthy Living Val June 26, 2012 at 8:37 pm

HA! That’s a whole lot of sauerkraut. Luckily, it looks like it will keep pretty well. So curious — what are you planning to eat all of that sauerkraut on? Better stock up on some bratwursts! ;)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm

OH my gosh, how funny!! It wasn’t me, but that is super sweet!!! I’m so excited for bigger nutty butter jars!

Diana @ VeggieNextDoor June 26, 2012 at 10:56 pm

That is AWESOME. I am a huge sauerkraut lover myself. And that is quite a lot of sauerkraut! Looking forward to all of your kraut creations! (p.s. my mom makes a Sauerkraut & Potato Lasagna that she likes to call “Lazy Pierogis” – I can see you having fun with that concept :-) )

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt June 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Love it! Hope you find out who sent it and then let us all know. Love The Simply Bars, they are my new favorite bar

Tt in nyc June 27, 2012 at 11:24 pm

HA!!!!
It was ME!!!
omg i was dyinnggggg when i found this online!
Too bad the “gift message” never made it to you-(?)
It said “this may be the most random hous warming gift i have ever sent yet somehow i know it will bring your new kitchen joy”

Love your beet salad post ideas! Im hooked on trader joes purple carrot beet juice lately… (which may have to do with how pretty it is?)

Carly June 28, 2012 at 9:45 am

Yum; that salad looks delish. I just got some beets, mind sharing what dressing recipe you used? Sounds like a great combo(: