People That Are Awesome.

by Sarah on June 29, 2012 · 20 comments

For the third installment of my summer Things That Are Awesome series, we focus not on the places and things* categories of that part of speech we call the noun, and instead, focus on person(s) [or people if you find persons hard to say, despite it technically being grammatically correct I think].

*Later, emotions and ideas, such as happiness and success, were added. But that’s confusing to a small child.

—————————-

People That Are Awesome.

1. The first person in the history of the world that took a look at a watermelon growing and thought, “Dude. We should totally cut that open and see what’s inside.”

2. The owners of  The Split Banana in Staunton, Virginia……who decided that Sticky Rice and Honey Saffron would be delicious gelato flavors.

They were right.

[The Orange Cointreau was pretty phenomenal to taste, too.]

3. The dapper young gentlemen behind Potter’s Craft Cider, who allowed me to come tour their bottling facility, gave me a sample of some not-yet-released apple brandy……and sent me home with a free bottle of cider.

[Which I, naturally, had to take glamour shots of in the Virginia countryside on my way home. Because that is what I do.]

4. Terrin, my super saurkr-et admirer, who sent me the saur-prise of two cases of my favorite Libby’s Bavarian Style Sauerkraut on Monday! [Silly Amazon for not including the card...]

One down...twenty-three to go...

Speaking of surprises…

5. Debbie (of Accidentally Delish), who mailed me an AMAZING package of Sprouts + Trader Joe’s treats from Arizona. [And is waiting ever-so-patiently for her Nutty Butter in exchange...]6. Lindsay Cotter, who mailed me an assortment of Healthy Bites in exchange for her own Nutty Butter sampler.Not only is Lindsay a beacon of support for many bloggers out there, she is also wickedly creative with flavor combinations!

My collection included Apple Parfait, Peanut Butter Banana Chip, Lemon Vanilla Whey, Muddy Buddy Mocha, and Mint Chocolate Chip.

Y’all NEED to order some of these delicious balls of goodness.

[There is no good segue after that statement....so...MORE people that are awesome:]

7. My roommte, Rachel.

Younger and wiser than I, she has never once complained about the excessive amount of noise coming from the kitchen when I’m making Nutty Butter, the fact that I STILL haven’t read her Paris blog recaps, or the times she’s asked me how my day was and I just start crying over something ridiculous.

She just says, “It’s cool, dude.”

8. All of the lovely ladies who have ever commented on, made their own, or liked post in the Blend 2012 Facebook group.

Seriously, there is not a more supportive bunch of women out there.

Seriously.

Well, except for…

9. All y’all!

Thank you SO much for your kind comments and tweets of support, excitement, and encouragement about my crazy new business venture. I love that you are getting to live the experience with me. :) That being said…the winner of the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Nutty Butter is…

Congrats, Sarah!!!

[I hope you'll still place an order in the future...even if you did win. ;) ]

lindsay June 29, 2012 at 6:55 am

people are awesome cause you are awesome! why did you have to move from Austin? Bugger. So excited for your new adventure! Now, be on the look out for more nutty butter orders coming your way.

xxoo

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count June 29, 2012 at 8:08 am

Great post, Sarah! I can be having a bad day, but if I read The Smart Kitchen, it cheers me up. Thanks!!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 29, 2012 at 8:53 am

Wow, I love those gelato flavors! I love places that aren’t scared to try unique new creations!

Samantha Angela June 29, 2012 at 9:01 am

Sticky rice gelato sounds AMAZING! Wow.

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 29, 2012 at 9:28 am

I love you girl! I’m so excited for you and your Nutty Butters!! :) I think you are pretty darn awesome!

Allison @ PickyEatingRD June 29, 2012 at 9:51 am

I’m with you on that whole watermelon thing. Love me some watermelon especially in the Summer!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 29, 2012 at 9:52 am

HAhah so true about the watermelon! Those healthy bites are delicious, aren’t they? :D

sarah @ sarah learns June 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

woop again! i will SURELY be placing an order in the near future even though i won. from the reactions i’ve seen from others, i’ll be hooked on your nutty butter immediately (that sounded a little dirty, huh? oh well…). :)

Katie @ Nutrition in a Peanut Shell June 29, 2012 at 11:15 am

You bring up a good point with the watermelon! I always wonder how people find these things out. Like, who was the first person to kiss someone else? Or the first person to make leavened bread?
Weird

Sonia t he mexigarian June 29, 2012 at 11:46 am

Lol. Got to love the watermelon. I am actually eating It for breakfast right now! whoever thought of it was awesome :) and I have seen a lot of your nutty butter soooooo I am going to be ordering some today. Yay.

Maria June 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Yay! Congrats, Sarah!

Focusing on all the GOOD people in the world…such a simple, yet often overlooked concept. Might be stealing this idea for my own blog post :)

Calee (@chimes) June 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

haha I love this post! :)

Heather Blackmon @ Better With Veggies June 29, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I love this – so many awesome people and I’m so glad to know many of them. I’m moving in 2 weeks, so get ready for a nutty butter order from me. :)

Debbie (accidently delish) June 29, 2012 at 3:06 pm

You’re awesome for bartering with me! I am so excited to try all the flavors and so excited for you and your new business adventure!!

Janice June 29, 2012 at 5:19 pm

HI! I sent you an email about one of your nut butters. I love nut butters and yours look delicious! Also, the gelatos look so good!

teabagginit June 29, 2012 at 10:16 pm

i’m so excited for your nutty butter expansion! awesome things are coming your way!

Meg June 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm

sticky rice!? what!? how would that even taste!?

Kailey July 1, 2012 at 9:05 am

I would have to admit that the person who grew watermelon is a genius ;)

Tt in nyc July 1, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Hahaha, you’re so silly to have put me on this list! That gelato sounds pretty awesome… I keep ending up at stogo lately (vegan gelato) and ended up with coconut milk based pistachio for linner today.
Maybe you and Lindsay should collaborate on “nutty ballz” :-0

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See July 2, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Seriously, the person who decided to whack open a watermelon is my hero :)