Nottzo Nuttzo

by Sarah on February 2, 2012 · 13 comments

You think you know…

But.
You have no idea.

Want to know the easiest way to get absolutely phenomal, off-the-wall Nutty Butter?
Let someone else (honey) roast the nuts for you!^
^OK, not that I ever roast them myself first. But just go with it.
I know everyone freaks out about Nuttzo.
To be honest, the $14.00 (or more) price tag means I’ve never actually tried it.
But I know it’s a mixed nut butter. And I know that I can buy mixed nuts at CVS for $5.00.
I also know that when you put them in a food processor they will, undoubtedly, turn into nutty butter.
And in a lot less time than a ‘normal’ homemade nut butter.*
 *I have no idea why.
From ‘soft ball’ stage…
…to oil-exuding.
Until you are (Clean and Clear and) under control.
It might not be Nuttzo.
But if you ask me…
…it’s notzzo bad.

Lindsay @ biking before bed February 2, 2012 at 6:30 am

Wow what a great idea! Honey roasted nuts are my krytonite. As is spending money on random things at CVS. I never walk out of there with just the object I came for.

Fran@BCDC February 2, 2012 at 8:00 am

What an incredible idea! Sounds so good, too. I'm trying hummus for the first time today. Nut butter, here I come!

Lauren February 2, 2012 at 8:23 am

that would make an amazing nut butter! So clever :)

atastelife February 2, 2012 at 8:47 am

yeeeessssssss.

Tricia @ saving room for dessert February 2, 2012 at 8:47 am

Adorable post! I've never tried Nuttzo either – oh well – I love this idea.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

I completely agree – I can't bring myself to spend $14 on nut butter when I can make tasty butter on my own. I love doing this with roasted nuts.

Susan February 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

I have recently clued into the fact that CVS nuts are cheaper than the grocery store. It's kind of life-changing.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss February 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I've been wanting to make mixed nut butter forever but can't bring myself to pay for the nuts. Right now, the peanuts are less than $2 a big can and the mixed nuts are around $7…

Parita @ myinnershakti February 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Love this! I started noticing that even regular PB is increasing in price. What a great alternative!

Kath February 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Brilliant

Kris February 2, 2012 at 9:14 pm

you are Too Dang Cute.

and a little nuts. which is why I like you.

Kris February 8, 2012 at 12:50 am

Something to consider…..nuts are highly sprayed with pesticides, especially peanuts. Cotton is in fact the most highly sprayed crop and peanuts are a rotated crop with cotton. Not to mention cotton is a gmo crop.
When you buy these cheap nuts and blend them they might taste good
but they are nothing short of toxic. Also. I wouldn’t buy food at CVS so I don’t know for sure
but my is guess there are additives and hydrogenated oils, meaning trans fats, added.

You can’t compare this to an organic product like Nuttzo.
Especially since they are a very caring small business that donates money to orphanages.

Big company cvs toxic nuts vs Nuttzo.
Not even close! And on many levels.

Sarah February 8, 2012 at 8:00 am

Hi! I appreciate your comments regarding the “Nottzo Nuttzo,” and I hope you understand I was really being flippant in comparing them. I realize there is a difference between the purity of Nuttzo and the roasted peanuts and nuts bought from CVS. The ingredients list is actually rather clean for certain brands of nuts, and, although it is obviously not as great as making it at home, it is a quick and fun solution.

I’m not perfect 100% of the time, and I intended the whole thing to be rather silly. :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment!