My First "Meal"

by Sarah on January 4, 2012 · 11 comments

I wish I could say I used one of my many cookbooks (especially the one by Crescent Dragonwagon*) to make an epic dish as “my first meal” in my new place.
*In case you are wondering, Mama Smart did some research, and not only is that her real name, she has a blog! And she is a Southern Yankee (like me!)

Perhaps I should have made some crazy complicated curry or an adventurous Asian concoction involving the miso paste I somehow* transported all the way from Austin…or even just a really homey stew using my favorite winter vegetables–something special to ‘christen’ The (New) Smart Kitchen.
*stubbornly, insistently…

But this is what I ate:^
^Granted, it was more of a snack than a first ‘meal’…but unpacking means no time to sit down!
Baby carrots and Cherry Coke Zero.*
*Coke Zero Cherry? Coke Cherry Zero? Zero Coke Cherry?
Hey, we can’t all be like Fergie.
[Glamorous, glamorous.]
—————

Perhaps check out some other people’s more exciting ‘eats’ over at Jenn‘s What I Ate Wednesday virtual potluck?

Shannon January 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

I love baby carrots! Perfect snack when paired with PB! :)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free January 4, 2012 at 7:54 am

Whatever, if its food it works!!!Haha,…..

Fran@BCDC January 4, 2012 at 8:42 am

Looking forward to hearing all about your new abode..and the kitchen of course!!

Mattie @ Comfy & Confident January 4, 2012 at 8:46 am

I just checked out Crescent Dragonwagon's blog. I don't know why I find her so fascinating and hilarious at the same time. But I can't stop LOLing! :)

Mattie @ Comfy & Confident January 4, 2012 at 8:46 am

Mattie @ Comfy & Confident January 4, 2012 at 8:46 am

Mattie @ Comfy & Confident January 4, 2012 at 8:46 am

Lauren January 4, 2012 at 9:32 am

epic meal! Hahah love baby carrots!

teabagginit January 4, 2012 at 3:54 pm

i actually love baby carrots, too, but refrain since i'm already day-glo as a result of daily kabocha.
since doing the sugar-free thang, i miss diet soda the most. thanks for tempting me with your classy beverage!

tryingfood January 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Oh wow, I have never seen cherry coke zero!! Or whatever you call it. Sounds delicious…

Katie January 4, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Yey Baby Carrots and Cherry Coke Zero! (Which is definitely how it is pronounced, no question)