You can throw a whole coconut-rolling party if you want. [Just make sure you’ve called to check that there will be chaperones.]
Bake the little balls of chai-spiced ‘sn’-ough on a cooking sprayed baking sheet at 350 degrees, for about 9-10 minutes.
2 1/2 Tbsp. earth balance natural spread
2 1/2 Tbsp. homemade coconut butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp. agave nectar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 Tbsp. shredded coconut (+ 1/4 cup for rolling)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine earth balance, coconut butter, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. In separate bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, salt, and spices.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until a thick dough forms.
4. Stir in coconut.
5. Roll dough into balls, then roll in coconut.
6. Bake at 350 degrees (on a cooking-sprayed baking sheet) for 9-10 minutes, until the bottoms are browned.