Sign I am Not a Normal Person #972

by Sarah on September 23, 2011 · 15 comments

Sign I am Not a Normal Person #972
I judge potential roommates based on their eagerness to lick the batter bowl.
Why?
Well, I can’t eat it myself.
As I am not a normal person, I hold out for something better.See the holes and gaps in these brownies?
Well, they didn’t get there by accident.

When I cut into a batch o’ bars, I purposefully do so just a smidge too early…so that a bunch of crumbs get stuck conveniently on the knife blade.

Because brownies might be good…
But crumblies on the sides and bottom of the pan?
Well, I think those are even better.

atastelife September 23, 2011 at 8:31 am

What's the fun in being normal?

And my apologies for the whacked-out pics…

eatmybeets.com September 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

I think my favorite part of making certain foods is for the little extras you get while making it. Extra #1 – batter/dough. Extra #2- whatever's left at the bottom of the mixing-bowl (I looove this with my protein balls. I'm pretty sure I leave almost enough for a full other ball just so that I can eat it out with a spoon.) Extra #3 – knife-licking bits.

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean September 23, 2011 at 9:09 am

crumblies are definitely the best part! i'm not a batter girl though!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 23, 2011 at 9:40 am

We need to eat brownies together. I prefer the gooey parts. You take the edges, and I'll take the middle. Those s-shape brownie pans are useless to me.

Christina September 23, 2011 at 10:14 am

now i want brownies!! i get so irritated when people don't want to lick the beaters. like WHY WOULDN'T YOU?!

deva @ deva by definition September 23, 2011 at 10:56 am

I can't lick the beaters or batter bowl unless it's a vegan recipe. I am allergic to raw eggs. Can I join you in eating the brownies, though?

lindsay September 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

ya, thats me too! i scrape the edges like there's no tomorrow!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 23, 2011 at 12:46 pm

uhhhh… I think that makes you a totally normal person. at the very least, it makes me a worthy roommate. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I'll be your roommate! I'd happily have the batter and the brownies! :D

iheartvegetables September 23, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I absolutely agree. And I may or may not have done that exact same thing last night ;) hahaha

Katie September 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I think the greatest invention ever is that little pan that bakes only EDGE brownies!

survivingcandyland September 23, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I love to lick the brownie bowl. I have problems controlling myself though and sometimes I try to sneak a few extra bites of batter (so bad for you). I always say its an "accident" when I get some extra brownie chunks on the knife to sample.

glidingcalm September 23, 2011 at 4:10 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brownie crumbs. droool

teabagginit September 23, 2011 at 11:27 pm

i raise my beta-carotene tinted palm to the sky & swear i thought you were going to put those crumblies in a container of yogurt!
now get to it – they'd be great in some yogurt!

Baking Serendipity September 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I love it! I'm always in a rush to cut brownies and bars and get the same crumblies…now I see myself making it an intentional move :)