6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. maple extract
1 cup + 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars with an electric mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add egg and extract to the butter/sugar mixture. Beat until well-combined.
5. Slowly (in increments, or by carefully holding the mixer with one hand and the flour bowl in the other) beat in flour mixture.
6. Scrape sides of bowl and make sure all flour is incorporated into dough. It will be very thick.
7. Crumble Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups over dough. Mix well (you’ll probably need to use your hands).
8. Roll dough into balls and put onto a prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bottoms are browned.
10. Remove from oven and press balls down with a large spatula or fork.