Appetite for…Seduction?

by Sarah on August 29, 2011 · 13 comments

They say that food is the way to a man’s heart.

Well, as the perpetually single girl, I’ve found that method of action to be entirely untrue, time and time again.
But I tell you what…I just keep on trying.
I mean, if someone made ME cookies this good…
…filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups….…and a hint o’ maple from the brown sugar and maple extract?Well, let’s just say…I’d date me.
Hint ‘O Maple Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
VERY loosely adapted from Southern Living’s All-Time Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

(Makes 15)

6 Tbsp. unsalted butter

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

3/4 tsp. maple extract

1 cup + 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars with an electric mixer.

3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.

4. Add egg and extract to the butter/sugar mixture. Beat until well-combined.

5. Slowly (in increments, or by carefully holding the mixer with one hand and the flour bowl in the other) beat in flour mixture.

6. Scrape sides of bowl and make sure all flour is incorporated into dough. It will be very thick.

7. Crumble Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups over dough. Mix well (you’ll probably need to use your hands).

8. Roll dough into balls and put onto a prepared baking sheet.

9. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bottoms are browned.

10. Remove from oven and press balls down with a large spatula or fork.

11. This is where they normally say to “cool for 15 minutes” but that’s silly.

Cotter Crunch August 29, 2011 at 6:43 am

why must you always taunt me with reeses? TIme to restock!
;P

Anonymous August 29, 2011 at 7:07 am

One of my favorite sandwiches growing up was peanut butter mixed with maple syrup (didn't care much for jelly). I love the addition of maple flavoring to this! I'll have to get on this one soon.
Thanks!
Missy

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean August 29, 2011 at 7:20 am

ahhh another delicious reese's post :) yummmmm

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 29, 2011 at 7:43 am

Two of my fav things combined!

Katie August 29, 2011 at 7:52 am

I'd date you regardless of cookies. Although they would be a niiice plus :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 29, 2011 at 7:59 am

Ahhh, I just made cookies made with reeses cups, too! Great minds think alike. ;) These look amazing!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free August 29, 2011 at 8:32 am

I think chocolate is the way to any person's heart! When you add peanut butter, though, you'll have me running in a second! I love chocolate pb :D

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert August 29, 2011 at 11:24 am

Don't give up on cooking your way into his heart! Worked for me :) LOVE Reeses Cups. Peanut butter and chocolate calls my name! I bet these were delicious ('were' – past tense – they're probably gone by now.)

Kristy Lynn August 29, 2011 at 11:32 am

you just did make these for yourself! totally follow through – date yourself! We should all "date" ourselves, we deserve it!

Christina August 29, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I think I want to date you now. Hahah

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 29, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You can have my heart!! LOL!

I did something similar once with fun sized Snickers… and promptly banned myself from ever making crack again. :)

Kelly August 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm

PERECT!!!!!!

Lele September 6, 2011 at 10:55 am

I have had considerable, CONSIDERABLE success making this. Just… trust me.

Also, my current boyfriend basically said he fell in love with my cooking first. And said Mango Dal (which can be found on the Eating Well website and I highly recommend) that I made for a potluck "defied the laws of diminishing returns".