Are You A Klutz In The Kitchen?

by Sarah on June 13, 2011 · 12 comments

Today is Kitchen Klutzes of America Day.
Whether you find yourself dropping more food than ends up on your plate……or overflowing your cereal mug……and perhaps eating the fallen soldiers anyway.Whether you often end up with less food in your mouth, and more on your appliances…
…on the table…

…or on yourself.

(Or your shoes.)

Maybe your Tempeh Apple Burgers…

…turn out to be a failed at-temp-eh-t. [Get it?]Or while baking a cake…

…you accidentally measure one and a half cups of oil…instead of just one half.However you klutziness in the kitchen rears its ugly (but always interesting) head…today is your day.

May all your food end up on your plate.
And you catch all your bowls before they fall.
[No joke, this bowl toppled over and just stopped. Just like this. CRAZY...]
What’s the klutziest thing that has ever happened to you in the kitchen?
Today is the day to celebrate it!

teabagginit June 13, 2011 at 6:43 am

i'm so clumsy, in general, that i've declared myself queen of this day!
one of my latest accidents was spilling guar gum while making a protein smoothie. not just a little of the gum powder – the WHOLE bag. that sh*t becomes a gel when wet, so using a wet rag to wipe it up was not a good idea. yup, i had a big pool of gummy mess in 2.5 seconds. what a freaking mess!

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert June 13, 2011 at 7:20 am

Without going into to much detail, I once leaned to far over a boiling pot of pasta to stir sauce on the back burner. I got a pretty bad burn in a not so wonderful place. Ouch!
Sorry to have missed meeting you too! Glad you got more time with your family though :) Let us know next time you're in Virginia!

Christina June 13, 2011 at 8:12 am

you know i love this!! i may have to a similar post! :)

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers June 13, 2011 at 8:33 am

Thanks for making me feel better about munching some of the fallen soldiers and spilling all over my food processor. That thing is a recipe for mess.

I don't think I have an ultimate klutz experience – mainly just mis-measuring waaay too often.

Travelbug June 13, 2011 at 9:58 am

Bahahaaaa i am such a klutz in the kitchen, cleaning out our cupboards recently to move i have found a ridiculous amount of spilled items that i tend to ignore – my biggest klutz moment was not putting the blender lid on entirely making a green smoothie – spinach everywhere :o P

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places June 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

Haha I am a complete klutz in the kitchen (and elsewhere, actually)!
A couple of days ago I dropped a fresh batch of peanutbutter chocolate chip cookies, right out of the oven.. :(

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places June 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

Haha I am a complete klutz in the kitchen (and elsewhere, actually)!

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places June 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

Haha I am a complete klutz in the kitchen (and elsewhere, actually)!

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places June 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

Haha I am a complete klutz in the kitchen (and elsewhere, actually)!

spinachandskittles.com June 13, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Yep, total klutz here. But not just in the kitchen.

Natalie @ cinnamonbums June 14, 2011 at 11:37 pm

hahaha loved this post because i could relate to each and every picture. i'm always cleaning up because i'm always spilling all over the place. today i had my water bottle in my mouth and bent over to tie my shoe and kneed my water bottle which in turn basically (almost) knocked my teeth out. yeah, smooth move lady.

Natalie June 15, 2011 at 9:10 pm

glad i'm not the only klutz in the kitchen. i am CONSTANTLY spilling, breaking things, dropping things, you name it!