Sue Me. (And Tofu Me.)

by Sarah on January 26, 2011 · 11 comments

Last night I sat down to write what I’m sure would have been a har-dee-har-har post about everything I touch in the supermarket turning to clearance gold. You would have laughed, I’m sure. And you’ll still be able to. Just not today.

Because as I was in the middle of writing last night, my roommates decided we needed to go to El Chile to hang out.

Because I guess I needed a very tall glass of (sweet, delicious) sangria.

Because I was able to taste a mole I actually liked (!) for once, and cry out in exultant joy that there was a restaurant in Austin serving flour tortillas just like the ones I learned how to make in Mexico.*

*Should not be surprising, considering our proximity.

Oh, and because my roommate David has been wanting me to hang out with his cute friend for a while now, unbeknownst to me until recently.

Because after we went to dinner & drinks, I had to drop off my three children (AKA roommates) at the dive bar down the street so they could continue on with their “we don’t have 9-5″ lives.

Because I used my “yes, I AM somewhat mom-like” carpooling skills [slash] game*(?) AND stayed up past my bedtime to drive the cute boy home since he, too, had to wake up at a reasonable hour.

*Who am I kidding? I have no game.

Because no. I didn’t take my camera. [Although all parties involved did ask where it was.]
—————————

Like Frank Sinatra in Guys and Dolls, all I can do is sing….and say, “Sue me.”

I chose boys over blogging.*
[Those of you in charge of printing the "blends before men" shirts can call up a lawyer and...SUE ME!]
*I also almost wrote “booze” over blogging…but I hardly think a glass of sangria counts for more than…a bebida?

My apologies. But it happens.
————————–
To repay you…here is something fun to do with tofu:
It’s like Gingerbread Soy Pudding! :)

[Yes, I had some when I got home last night. And then I had a dream where the entire cast of Top Chef All-Stars came to my college reunion and Fabio gave me a pink bejeweled bracelet.

I do not think there is any causal relationship.]

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free January 26, 2011 at 8:01 am

Sounds like a fun night!!! Hahaha….Gingerbread soy pudding? How interesting…

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert January 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

Wow – soy pudding? Very interesting indeed. So you had fun last night? Hanging out, driving home, such fun ;) Good for you.

Lindsay and James Cotter January 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

love El chile. I play the mom role a lot too. I think I prefer it. Grandma Cotter here!
Love the soy pudding idea!

Lindsay and James Cotter January 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

Love the soy pudding idea!

Lindsay and James Cotter January 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

Love the soy pudding idea!

Lindsay and James Cotter January 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

Love the soy pudding idea!

atastelife January 26, 2011 at 10:18 am

sangria on a schoolnight – you're such a rebel. =)

and it's okay if boys come before blogging. i understand.

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day January 26, 2011 at 11:00 am

I swear you use your food processor as much as I do my slow cooker. One day we need to swap so we can experience what's its like on the other side.

Need to hear more about cute boy.

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life January 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm

You lush! A whole cup of sangria?! ;) Next time perhaps combine boys and blogging- let's see the cute guy!

Jacqui January 26, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I love the Guys and Dolls reference. That is my favorite musical of all time!

Leila January 27, 2011 at 12:43 am

Dang a bejeweled bracelet? You're a lucky (dream) gal. I love the "blends before men" shirt idea… :)