Associations We Should NOT Be Encouraging

by Sarah on November 12, 2010 · 11 comments

The Ultimate Thanksgiving Food Feud:

Sweet Potatoes + Marshmallows
vs.
Sweet Potatoes + Streusel

Which Side Are YOU On?*

(And yes, there IS a right answer. Feel free to be wrong.)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free November 12, 2010 at 7:42 am

Neither!!! I say we make twice baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and cashew cream :)

atastelife November 12, 2010 at 9:37 am

struesel.
leave the marshmallows for smores. :)

Carrie @ TV and Dinners November 12, 2010 at 9:48 am

Streusel. My family was ignorant to the glorious pairing of sp + streu for years. Then one year my mother branched out, saved the marshmallows for the ambrosia salad (where they belong) and made streusel topped sweet potatoes.

We never looked back.

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life November 12, 2010 at 10:30 am

Streusel.

As if that is even a real debate. ;)

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 12, 2010 at 11:50 am

Streusel. Hands down. Save the marshmallows for smores.

Catherine November 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Sweet potatoes, naked. Anything else just overpowers the delicious sweet potato flavor!

tehstotehara November 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Neither for me. I like them with just a little bit of butter and maybe some crushed pecans. Yum.

Also, regarding my cheesecake, since I know you eat a lot healthier than me (ha), I bet you could take all of the sugar out of the crust. Those gingersnap cookies have so much sugar in them anyway, I felt like it was not necessary. I've also been wondering what tofu would be like mixed with some of the cream cheese rather than 3 whole packages of that…. hmmmmm.

Cara November 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm

i like mine with mini marshmallows only on thanksgiving, bc it is "thanksgiving" to me. if I will eat them any other day of the year it is without.

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 12, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I'm intrigued as to what sweet potato streusel is…

I've never actually had sweet potato with marshmallow. I think the fact that it was orange always freaked me out so I never ate it.

Sarah November 16, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Savory sweet potatoes are the way to go, why mess them all up with those wussy little marshmellows… :)

mrlew1 November 24, 2010 at 3:02 am

I get a giggle out of people here when I explain kumara (NZ sweet potato) is actually served sweet in the US. Actually, I giggle, while the kiwis look baffled and horrified. No topping needed – nor sugar – treat as a vegetable, I say!